• Create Account

We're offering banner ads on our site from just $5!

1. Details HERE. 2. GDNet+ Subscriptions HERE. 3. Ad upload HERE.

How to get StructuredBuffer in ShaderReflection?

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
1 reply to this topic

#1 BrentChua   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 1066

0Likes

Posted 10 July 2013 - 12:39 PM

I'm currently trying to figure out how i would get a StructuredBuffer in HLSL using the ShaderReflection API. I'm reading Practical Rendering and Computation by Jason Zink but the ShaderReflection part doesn't seem to talk about the different buffers. I don't have access to my development computer right now so just wanted to ask here if there's a way for me to check if what i'm getting is a structured buffer and if there's a way of knowing how big that buffer is?

The D3D_CBUFFER_TYPE only defines CBUFFER and TBUFFER but it there's none about structured and byte-address buffers. I'm guessing these buffers are just CBUFFER? If they are, is there a way for me to know if its a StructuredBuffer type?

Sponsor:

#2 BrentChua   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 1066

1Likes

Posted 10 July 2013 - 12:47 PM

lol I guess i didn't finish reading the chapter of the book. ID3D11ShaderReflection::GetResourceBindingDesc() gives me the info on what type of resource it is...

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS