• Create Account

Help setting up VS2012 DirectX 11 project on Windows 8

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
No replies to this topic

#1 arroyjose   Members   -  Reputation: 152

0Likes

Posted 10 July 2013 - 05:21 PM

I just started reading the book "Introduction to 3D Game Programming with DirectX" and  I'm having a really hard time trying to run a sample program in the first chapter on my machine.  The chapter talks about setting up the sample project with the DirectX SDK and VS2010.  However, my environment is Windows 8 and VS2012.

After reading online, I found that the DirectX SDK is no longer needed on Windows 8 - for Metro style applications - but I'm trying to run the program as a desktop application.  On the forums for the book, the author posted some instructions to get the programs to run on Windows 8.  I followed those, and I'm getting the following message:

1yoPfyM.png

So far I've tried quite a few things and nothings seems to work.  I think the problem has to do with the color.fx file.  The complete project is at the following bitbucket repository:

https://bitbucket.org/arroyjose/directxdemo

If anyone could help me get this to run I would really appreciate it.

Edited by arroyjose, 10 July 2013 - 05:28 PM.

Sponsor:

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS