• Create Account

Find WiFi MAC address using J2ME

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
4 replies to this topic

#1 Devil0150   Members   -  Reputation: 153

0Likes

Posted 12 July 2013 - 10:48 AM

Hi,

I just started trying out J2ME but I can't find a way to do something. If the phone is connected to my modem wirelessly, is there any way I can get the modem's MAC address in the application?

Sponsor:

#2 frob   Moderators   -  Reputation: 18845

0Likes

Posted 15 July 2013 - 02:08 PM

There is WifiInfo.getMacAddress()

Get the WifiManager (Context.getSystemService(Context.WIFI_SERVICE).  If it succeeds use GetConnectionInfo() to get the current connection's info.  If that succeeds get the mac address.

Check out my personal indie blog at bryanwagstaff.com.

#3 Devil0150   Members   -  Reputation: 153

0Likes

Posted 16 July 2013 - 05:31 AM

Thanks, that might work, but does it only work on Android or all phones that support wifi?

#4 frob   Moderators   -  Reputation: 18845

0Likes

Posted 16 July 2013 - 08:58 AM

Those are android specific.  You will likely find something similar in the platform-specific libraries of your target platform.

Trying to get "all phones that support j2me" is something I haven't seen for about five years now.  To be clear, are you talking about Nokia/Symbian phone programming?

Check out my personal indie blog at bryanwagstaff.com.

#5 Devil0150   Members   -  Reputation: 153

0Likes

Posted 16 July 2013 - 09:24 AM

To be clear, are you talking about Nokia/Symbian phone programming?

Yes, those mainly, but if possible also other phones that can also connect to the internet through wifi, not only through the sim card service provider. I realize that's probably impossible, so I'm looking for the solution that works on most platforms.

Edited by Devil0150, 16 July 2013 - 09:40 AM.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS