• Create Account

Blur + multiple Pixelshader

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
No replies to this topic

#1 CmasterG   Members   -  Reputation: 120

0Likes

Posted 12 July 2013 - 11:06 AM

Hi!

I have the following problem.

I have an object, which I have to blur and this object is in sort of a box, but only in the edges of this box (box is an open box).

To blur the object, I render it in a texture -> then in the next step I downscale this texture -> then I blur it vertically and back to a texture -> then I blur this texture horizontal -> then I scale the texture up and render it to the screen

To draw also the box object, I render this object to another texture but only with lighting and then I draw this with additive blending on the screen.

The problem is that the blurred object is now transparent, and I have lost my depth values. So I have the choice if the box object is rendered over the blurred object or the other way round. But I want that the blurred object is inside the box object.

How can I make this the right way. I guess it is impossible the way I do that. Has anyone an idea?

I am using C++ with DirectX 11.

Respectfully,

CmasterG

Sponsor:

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS