• Create Account

VS 2005 not saving build setting and window settings

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
2 replies to this topic

#1 LancerSolurus   Members   -  Reputation: 602

0Likes

Posted 15 July 2013 - 01:26 AM

I have been having this issue with 1 single project for a year now. I have scoured the web multiple times looking for a solution. So here is how it all came about.

Moved from Vista to Win 7 after a nasty trojan trashed my system. Reinstalled all of the software needed to build the project and left the project in the partition it was already in. At that point when I loaded the project it always starts in debug mode, never release mode.

A few weeks ago my Seagate drive failed due to a bad flash rom version (found out afterwards it was a widespread problem with the 1 TB drives). Fortunately Seagate was nice enough to reflash the rom and I now have my code back. Thanks to Seagate, I got back over 2 years worth of code I had lost (dummy me didn't check to make sure my backups were sent to a different HD, I feel like an idiot for this one since I know better). Well now a new issue has cropped up, none of the windows that were opened will be there when I reload the project. I thought there was a setting for that one but I haven't had any luck in finding it.

This is the only project that behaves this way, unfortunately it is the project I work on the most and it is annoying to have to change it back to release mode every time I start VS and reopen all of the windows again. Does anyone know of a solution to either of these issues? None of my other projects have that problem including ones that are even older than this one.

******************************************************************************************
Youtube Channel

Sponsor:

#2 Nypyren   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 4303

0Likes

Posted 15 July 2013 - 02:11 AM

Perhaps the .suo or .user files are read-only?

If all else fails, try creating a new project in a different folder and re-add all of your source files to it.

It might also be a case where the file system user permissions are set for your Vista account still. You might want to delve into the Properties -> Security tab on the folder(s) where your project is and make sure nothing strange is afoot.

Edited by Nypyren, 15 July 2013 - 02:14 AM.

#3 LancerSolurus   Members   -  Reputation: 602

0Likes

Posted 15 July 2013 - 04:39 AM

Appreciate the reply, I already tried recreating the project, still does the same thing. It really doesn't make sense since that should have cleared any project dependencies. If I could figure out where it saves the settings I would look into what it isn't saving.

BTW, (read-only) that was the first thing I checked.

Edited by LancerSolurus, 15 July 2013 - 04:39 AM.

******************************************************************************************
Youtube Channel

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS