• Create Account

FREE SOFTWARE GIVEAWAY

We have 4 x Pro Licences (valued at $59 each) for 2d modular animation software Spriter to give away in this Thursday's GDNet Direct email newsletter.

Read more in this forum topic or make sure you're signed up (from the right-hand sidebar on the homepage) and read Thursday's newsletter to get in the running!

WinMM.lib change VC++ directory

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
1 reply to this topic

#1 agisler   Members   -  Reputation: 152

0Likes

Posted 15 July 2013 - 04:43 PM

Hello,

I am getting a linker error for a project I dowloaded online. The project is in vc 2005. However when I try to compile i get the error:

LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file '..\..\..\..\..\program files\microsoft visual studio 8\vc\platformsdk\lib\WinMM.Lib'

This is the right path apart from the camel case for the directory. I actually had it working but then I screwed the project up and can't remember how to fix it and can't find the article that told me how.

I have updated all the additional libraries and dependencies. Still no luck.

Regards,

Andrew

Sponsor:

#2 Vortez   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 2704

0Likes

Posted 15 July 2013 - 10:14 PM

LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file '..\..\..\..\..\program files\microsoft visual studio 8\vc\platformsdk\lib\WinMM.Lib'

(At this point you should as well write the full path... -> 'c:\program files\microsoft visual studio 8\vc\platformsdk\lib\WinMM.Lib')

Just add the library path to "additional libraries" settings, then load it using the name 'WinMM.lib'

No need to overcomplicate things...

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS