• Create Account

Lua tutorials!

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
No replies to this topic

#1 Eamonn Rea   Members   -  Reputation: 54

0Likes

Posted 15 July 2013 - 07:05 PM

Hello! I am not making self promotion here, but I want to help some beginner programmers. Here is some back story:

I started programming in Lua, and there weren't many good Lua resources other then Text. Now, I'm the type of person that doesn't like reading a whole load of stuff, so I decided I'd learn Lua the hard way, and then make video tutorials on Lua to make it easier. In the words of Scott Backula: "Being the first to do something bears some responsibility for those trying to make it behind you".

So, if you want to learn Lua to program games, check out my tutorials. Feedback would be appreciated! So far the tutorials are near completion. I really only have Tables, Metatables and more on "for" loops. This tutorial series is aimed at teaching enough Lua to use the LÖVE programming API. I'm doing all the hard work so beginners can have it easy.

Tutorials Playlist on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL8w9J6i5St2NQ_KBllt39M7nV2G_uJzlp

Lua WikiBook: COMING SOON

Hopefully you learn something from them! I hope to have the series finished soon, so I can get onto the fun stuff like game development! Try not to focus too much on how annoying my voice is and try to learn something from the tutorial.

I'll also take requests on what you'd like me to teach after I finish the series. In the LÖVE series I will also take requests.

I also want to make a WikiBook on Lua & eventually LÖVE. That is coming soon though.

Sponsor:

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS