• Create Account

We need your feedback on a survey! Each completed response supports our community and gives you a chance to win a $25 Amazon gift card!

Strange blocks/grid on a screen

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
3 replies to this topic

#1 wh1sp3rik   Members   -  Reputation: 248

0Likes

Posted 18 July 2013 - 06:20 AM

Hello,

becuase these artefacts are mostly visible when moving, i will try to describe my problem without screenshot.

I disabled all my other rendering in my engine, so i am sure, this problem is not generated by lighting/shadowing/post effects...

I just rendered scene without any effects.

When moving, and when i am far from objects ( buildings, terrain ), i can see somekind of grid of rectangles over whole screen. It seems, filtering changes on their edges, that's why i am able to see them.

I was trying to figure out, why it's happening. I know, pixel shader runs thread per pixel .. and these threads are in groups. Something like compute shader, where i usually define screenheight/16 and screenwidth/16 of groups. Who knows ,lol.

Do you have any ideas, how to ged rid of that and how it's called ?

thank you very much !

EDIT: this artefact is visible only in window mode !

Edited by wh1sp3rik, 18 July 2013 - 08:03 AM.

DirectX 11, C++

Sponsor:

#2 unbird   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 6023

1Likes

Posted 18 July 2013 - 08:33 AM

Make sure your backbuffer/swapchain dimension matches the window's client area.

#3 wh1sp3rik   Members   -  Reputation: 248

0Likes

Posted 18 July 2013 - 10:23 AM

Make sure your backbuffer/swapchain dimension matches the window's client area.

That's interesting point as i bet, client's area is different from window size, thank you, will test it !

DirectX 11, C++

#4 wh1sp3rik   Members   -  Reputation: 248

0Likes

Posted 18 July 2013 - 11:09 AM

Yep smile.png problem solved.

RECT realWindowSize = {0, 0, width, height};
AdjustWindowRect(&realWindowSize, WS_OVERLAPPEDWINDOW, FALSE);
HWND WindowHandle = CreateWindowEx(NULL, L"CLASSNAME", (LPWSTR) "WINDOWTITLE",WS_OVERLAPPEDWINDOW,300,300,realWindowSize.right-realWindowSize.left,realWindowSize.bottom - realWindowSize.top,NULL,NULL,wc.hInstance,NULL);

Edited by wh1sp3rik, 18 July 2013 - 11:10 AM.

DirectX 11, C++

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS