• Create Account

Interested in a FREE copy of HTML5 game maker Construct 2?

We'll be giving away three Personal Edition licences in next Tuesday's GDNet Direct email newsletter!

Sign up from the right-hand sidebar on our homepage and read Tuesday's newsletter for details!

We're also offering banner ads on our site from just $5! 1. Details HERE. 2. GDNet+ Subscriptions HERE. 3. Ad upload HERE.

Saturnrin

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
2 replies to this topic

#1 Moche123   Members   -  Reputation: 101

0Likes

Posted 19 July 2013 - 04:00 AM

Hello.

I just finished my solar system project.

The problem is saturn has not ring and i've no idea how to add it.

I can share u source code..

Sorry, topics name should be Saturnring

Edited by Moche123, 19 July 2013 - 05:03 AM.

Sponsor:

#2 3TATUK2   Members   -  Reputation: 730

0Likes

Posted 19 July 2013 - 05:05 PM

partially-transparent quad

#3 marcClintDion   Members   -  Reputation: 431

0Likes

Posted 19 July 2013 - 05:22 PM

If I were to rough this out do what the fellow above suggested.

Use a photo editor to make the ring, anything that you want to be transparent should be black and whatever part of the texture map is white will be opaque.

render the planet

Enable blending.

render the above mentioned quad with the above mentioned texture,

Disable blending.

To make transparency the map you can search Google for "GIMP alpha masks, or specular maps"  The techniques you find should work equally well for making the rings texture map.

Edited by Brother Bob, 22 July 2013 - 11:50 AM.
rollback

Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS