• Create Account

How Obscure Can I Go ?

• You cannot reply to this topic
2 replies to this topic

#1 Code Fox   Members   -  Reputation: 1807

1Likes

Posted 21 July 2013 - 04:25 PM

I have been thinking of doing one very long tutorial on how to use the 3D object scripting language AW Code to create presentations and games, however I am afraid that since the language is VERY obscure it may not be appropriate for Gamedev.

My reasoning for wanting to do this, is despite the language being created in 1994, there are *NO* tutorials on how to use the language to accomplish advanced tasks - even simple tasks are never explained. This page is the the only (incomplete) resource available on the internet.

As of when I posted this, there have only been around 450,000 folks who have been exposed to the language since 1994.

Does Anyone Actually Read This ?

Sponsor:

#2 jbadams   Senior Staff   -  Reputation: 19350

0Likes

Posted 21 July 2013 - 11:18 PM

If it's an unpopular language it may not receive a large audience, but we're certainly happy to host the articles as long as it's relevant to games.  Even if the language is as obscure as you say, if there are really no real resources to speak of then I'm sure at least some people would appreciate the effort, and by posting the series to a larger site like this one you might even encourage more people to give it a go.

Drew (who approves our articles) recently shared some article writing tips and advice in which he mentions his dislike of series, but if you're willing to create all the content up front as one very long tutorial, or if you're willing to commit to a series that would be fine as well.

We want people to be able to find any and all information that will help them make better games, and I think your proposed article would do that. smile.png

#3 SLotman   Members   -  Reputation: 364

0Likes

Posted 11 August 2013 - 11:02 PM

I would also like to see that. You never know - maybe someone reading about it could fall in love with the language, and open new roads of development :)

Maybe you should on your article, before approaching the advanced topics, just have a paragraph explaining the language and why you use it.

PARTNERS