• Create Account

Books on C#, Data Driven Design, OpenGL, HLSL and Tile Engines

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
4 replies to this topic

#1 vipar   Members   -  Reputation: 170

0Likes

Posted 21 July 2013 - 04:45 PM

When I look around the net to try and find books on these subjects (if all together that would be awesome but most likely not existing) I can't seem to find books on part of these things.

I know C# and would like to make a tile engine for a game I got planned. A book I found called CSharp Game Programming For Serious Game Creation features OpenGL, C# and HLSL. But the game you are going to make is a 2D side scroller. There also seem to be very few books at all on Data Driven Design in general and in relation to games.

I need to achieve a tile engine using C# and OpenGL preferably using Data Driven Design. Do you have any books you would recommend?

If you don't really know any books you'd recommend for the above, I guess I'll go back to that book and work it out later.

Edited by vipar, 22 July 2013 - 08:39 AM.

CEO of Dynamic Realities

Sponsor:

#2 Krohm   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 3129

0Likes

Posted 22 July 2013 - 01:13 AM

At a certain point, you should be able to do it without books. You understood and thus can build on top of what you've learned, or not.

I suggest to look on the internet. There's a lot of good information although you might have to separate the noise.

#3 vipar   Members   -  Reputation: 170

0Likes

Posted 22 July 2013 - 07:37 AM

At a certain point, you should be able to do it without books. You understood and thus can build on top of what you've learned, or not.

I suggest to look on the internet. There's a lot of good information although you might have to separate the noise.

That's all fine and good but do you have any books you would recommend for this?

Edited by vipar, 22 July 2013 - 07:37 AM.

CEO of Dynamic Realities

#4 Krohm   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 3129

0Likes

Posted 22 July 2013 - 08:52 AM

If you're all set for this, maybe look at software engineering books. This should hopefully "click" what you need to evolve your skills to the point of being able to design.

#5 vipar   Members   -  Reputation: 170

0Likes

Posted 22 July 2013 - 03:17 PM

If you're all set for this, maybe look at software engineering books. This should hopefully "click" what you need to evolve your skills to the point of being able to design.

But can you recommend any books?

CEO of Dynamic Realities

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS