• Create Account

Game development, which path should i choose?

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1 reply to this topic

#1 decoder55   Members   -  Reputation: 115

0Likes

Posted 24 July 2013 - 06:09 AM

Hello! I'm very new here and y want to make a lot of friends and learn so much.

I' m a junior programmer and i want to make videogames but i don't have idea about how to start. I like programming so much, but really i don't know what a videogame programmer do i his job. I've read some articles about OpenGL and DirectX. Also i' ve read about tools like Blender and others.

I want to learn everything i can, but y i'm sure i'll have to choose a path in this. Is important to know about programming with OpenGL or is better go directly to work with Blender, Unity3D...etc ? or this things are totally differents each other? I know tools like Blender uses OpenGL itselfs.

I need guidance! Please!

PD: sorry for my english i'm from Spain. xD

Sponsor:

#2 Tom Sloper   Moderators   -  Reputation: 9864

0Likes

Posted 24 July 2013 - 10:59 AM

decoder, please don't crosspost the same question in multiple forums.  Your other post in the Lounge has been moved to For Beginners, since you are primarily asking about what technology to learn. Closing this thread.

-- Tom Sloper
Sloperama Productions
Making games fun and getting them done.
www.sloperama.com

Please do not PM me. My email address is easy to find, but note that I do not give private advice.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS