• Create Account

My progress

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
2 replies to this topic

#1 slowpid   Moderators   -  Reputation: 1091

5Likes

Posted 26 July 2013 - 08:17 PM

This is kind of a strange post for this forum and for me, but I thought it would appropriate to do now. Gamedev.net is where I started to learn 3d. I came here looking to learn about writing for games, and someone told me that I would never get a job being a writer without a primary skill, either in art or in programming -- so I chose art.

Unfortunately, none of my earliest art here is available (I started doing 3d seriously in 2006), it was all hosted on now defunct image sharing sites, but I do have some of my work from near 2010 (By 2010, I was still terrible). This year I've won a couple of CG awards, been front-paged and really started doing cool work. And to be clear to everyone, this isn't a bragging post. I'm just here showing what I did, and part of that is to show people who are starting out, this is how it works. You work for a long, long time doing really terrible art, and then one day you're a decent artist. There is nothing to it but the hard work over time.

Anyways, I figure I owed gamedev.net a thank you of sorts. When I got on here, I was still in high-school, had no idea what I wanted to do or how to do it. Now I'm married, have a child, and my skills in 3d allow me to make a living freelancing from home while I watch my daughter. So thanks, guys, if anyone from back then is left.

my portfolio and more random stuff is www.yurialexander.com

2010:

24Bil.jpg

OS7Ud.jpg

2011:

gT5GY.png

2012:

r3O0j.jpg

PWQtx.jpg

MQ3Us.jpg

and current, 2013:

Cs8Hz.jpg

69wDO.jpg

srixWSt.jpg
R6uOE6J.jpg

O3QyWky.jpg

StxmBzd.jpg

Zgfp8il.jpg

Edited by slowpid, 26 July 2013 - 08:35 PM.

Sponsor:

#2 slicer4ever   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 3886

0Likes

Posted 26 July 2013 - 10:10 PM

really impressive work.

Check out https://www.facebook.com/LiquidGames for some great games made by me on the Playstation Mobile market.

#3 Sooshi   Members   -  Reputation: 149

0Likes

Posted 08 August 2013 - 01:47 PM

incredible!

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS