During my time at university I created an application using DirectX 10.
I needed audio support for the following:
1. Background music
2. Ambient repeating samples
3. Effect samples (play once)
I followed all the Microsoft examples in order to achieve this and it runs on a separate thread to the application real-time logic.
1. The background music doesn't impact on performance (great!)
2. If I use anything thats not in xwma format the voices only play for around 30 seconds. The application thinks its still playing sound, no errors are returned or logged by the XAudio2 debug dll.
3. Playing lots of short samples (Play once) sequentially results in a similar behaviour, the sound just cuts out.
I have tried this using the release and debug versions of the dll, and the behaviour is the same. I also appear to have no memory leaks.
Originally I thought it was because I was using a submix voice, so I removed it from the chain and send directly to the master voice.
Is XAudio2 just a poor library?
Any suggestions as to a replacement?
Edited by Trigle, 27 July 2013 - 03:26 AM.