I am writing a game editor in C, and these are my 3 choices I see right now, along with my reasoning. Which of these would you advise, and why?
1. OpenGL + X (I'm already using OpenGL for the rendering, I already know a small bit of X programming)
2. OpenGL + SDL (SDL is more abstracted and cross platform than X, but I have never used it)
3. GTK+ (It is written in C like my program, but uses more resources and I have never used it)
I was kind of leaning towards option 1 because my logic is that in the time it takes to learn a whole new API, I could have written a small GUI system in OpenGL and X that fulfills all of my specific needs (correct me if I am wrong) and is lighter weight.
1. Which way would you do it?
2. Why would you do it that way?
3. How long do you think it would take YOU to do it your way?
4. How long do you think it would take YOU to do it the first way?
I very much appreciate your answers, if you have any.