• Create Account

Who's this woman?

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
5 replies to this topic

#1 germangb   Members   -  Reputation: 211

0Likes

Posted 31 July 2013 - 12:27 AM

This might be a silly question, but I've seen her in many graphics programming articles and I'm keen on using its 3d model...

start-400x341.jpg

Sponsor:

#2 SimonForsman   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 6325

0Likes

Posted 31 July 2013 - 01:08 AM

My guess would be Aphrodite.

I don't suffer from insanity, I'm enjoying every minute of it.
The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!

#3 LorenzoGatti   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 2779

1Likes

Posted 31 July 2013 - 01:14 AM

As obvious from her appearance, it's Hebe from Greek mythology: she works as cupbearer for the big-shot gods on Mount Olympus (hence the cup and pitcher).
This specific model is $75 on Turbosquid (http://www.turbosquid.com/3d-models/hebe-greek-roman-goddess-max/403709, not to be confused with another Hebe statue), but shop around.

Edited by LorenzoGatti, 31 July 2013 - 01:19 AM.

Produci, consuma, crepa

#4 GeneralQuery   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 1263

0Likes

Posted 31 July 2013 - 03:20 AM

Building on Lorenzo's post, the Hebe statue is a common reference model that can be found in a variety of formats around the web. I'm not sure what the licencing/copyright restrictions are so I cannot guarantee that using one of the many copies floating around the web is legitimate or not.

#5 MJP   Moderators   -  Reputation: 11840

0Likes

Posted 31 July 2013 - 12:28 PM

If I remember correctly they packaged that model with RenderMonkey, and that's probably where a lot of people get it from.

#6 Kaptein   Prime Members   -  Reputation: 2180

0Likes

Posted 02 August 2013 - 04:35 AM

Either way there are many standard models floating around, if you need one to demonstrate something you have been working on

Here is the stanford 3d scanning repository:

http://graphics.stanford.edu/data/3Dscanrep/

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS