• Create Account

We need your feedback on a survey! Each completed response supports our community and gives you a chance to win a $25 Amazon gift card!

opengl es 2.0 and architectural model from ifc, extrude and groups

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
No replies to this topic

#1 giugio   Members   -  Reputation: 215

0Likes

Posted 07 August 2013 - 11:29 PM

hello.
I wish create a simple 3d cad system for architectural build from an importer.
All my object are from the ifc of the building system and are created for extrusion.
I have a base shape, a polyline that can be extrude by depth and direction.
I have many base shapes that I can extrude with a parametric change of the depth and of orientation, instead the shape remain the same.

I think to a rendering system that divide and groups by the same base shape and does the extrusion in the vertex shader.
I think to that because i wish render my model also in an android tablet with opengl es 2.0 and i must save memory that in the mobile is more limited than in a desktop or a notebook.

Then i think to create for each group a vbo with n(the number of 2d vertexes in the base shape) x 2 that x2 are the vertexes of the opposite shape after the extrusion , and is possible to do that in the vertex shader?

I saw at morphing and skinning shader that a vertex can be moved or rotated in the vertex shader, is possible to do the same for the extrusion?

Then , and i ask you i can use the pseudo instancing, i have a set of 1000 to 10000 objects that i must render that are rectangles(beam) or columns or shells.
I would use the pseudo instancing more for memory gains and for using the same shader and not 10000 than that the replication o the same geometry.

all my objects remain the same for all the time in the application, they are only rotated(I have a camera) and selected/deselect and other simple operation with dialogs and data.

Edited by giugio, 07 August 2013 - 11:37 PM.

Sponsor:

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS