GameSoundCon 2013: Nov 3-4, EarlyBird Reg closing soon: GameDev Discount

Started by
3 comments, last by Alex ??? Jones 10 years, 6 months ago

GameSoundCon 2013 Los Angeles
Nov 3-4, at the LA Convention Center

Hi GameDev.net'ers:

This year, the 9th GameSoundCon will be held November 3-4 at the LA Convention Center in Los Angeles, CA.

I've created a GameDev Net discount for visitors and regulars to GameDev.net. By using the code, GDNET, while registering, it will take $50 off registration.

At GameSoundCon, we cover the technical, creative, production and business challenges of working in the game industry as a video game composer or game sound designer. The main sessions will cover a lot of the questions I see here on gamedev.net in depth (and much more!).

We've got a great lineup of speakers, including the keynote address by Austin Wintory, the first (and only) game composer to be nominated for a GRAMMY award for a video game soundtrack for his score for Journey. Other speakers and panelists include Jack Wall (Call of Duty 2), Paul Lipson (Audio Director, Microsoft Game Studios), Scott Selfon (Xbox Advanced Technology Group), Winfred Phillips (Assassin'sCreed 3: Liberation), Jason Hayes (World of Warcraft) and many more.

This year, we are expanding from 2 rooms to 4:

Room 1: Game Sound Essentials

Game Sound Essentials is 2 days of sessions on the fundamentals of video game music and video game sound design. Think of it as a 2-day crash course in the essentials of game audio.

Room 2: FMOD Studio Hands-on workshop

FMOD Guru Stephan Schutze is coming from Australia to lead a 2-day "bring your laptop" hands-on workshop in the all-new FMOD Studio.

Room 3: Game Sound "Pro"

For those who have a few games under their belts, the Pro Track covers some more advanced topics in game audio, from compositional techniques, audio integration,to VO and score production challenges.

Room 4: WWise Hands-on Training (1 day only)

The folks from Audiokinetic are coming down for a day of hands-on training on WWise, covering new features, music and sound design using WWise.

GDCNext Expo Pass

GameSoundCon this year is immediately before the new GDCNext/AppDev conferences (run by the folks who put on the Game Developer's Conference), which run Nov 5-7 also at the LACC. We've arranged for GameSoundCon attendees to receive a free EXPO Pass for GDCNext (a $150 value). So if you're local in LA, or want to stick around for an extra day or two, it's well worth checking out the EXPO on the 5th and/or 6th. (Note: GDCNext EXPO pass is limited to the first 150 people to register for GameSoundCon and must be claimed by Oct 30).

Networking
We are also hosting our annual GameSoundCon networking Mixer on the evening of the 3rd, following the first day of the conference. Mix and Mingle with speakers, panelists, other GameSoundCon attendees and local Game Audio professionals.

For registration or more information on GameSoundCon, please visit www.GameSoundCon.com or please feel free to email me directly brian at gamesoundcon.com.

Brian Schmidt

Executive Director, GameSoundCon:

GameSoundCon 2016:September 27-28, Los Angeles, CA

Founder, Brian Schmidt Studios, LLC

Music Composition & Sound Design

Audio Technology Consultant

Advertisement

Looks awesome Brian! :)

Nathan Madsen
Nate (AT) MadsenStudios (DOT) Com
Composer-Sound Designer
Madsen Studios
Austin, TX

Thanks for sharing Brian! smile.png

- Jason Astle-Adams

As an Update:

I've created a discount code for visitors and regular readers of GameDev.net. If you use the code, GDNET while registering, it will subtrack $50 from registration

Brian

Brian Schmidt

Executive Director, GameSoundCon:

GameSoundCon 2016:September 27-28, Los Angeles, CA

Founder, Brian Schmidt Studios, LLC

Music Composition & Sound Design

Audio Technology Consultant

I wish I could get over to this :(

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement