• Create Account

FREE SOFTWARE GIVEAWAY

We have 4 x Pro Licences (valued at $59 each) for 2d modular animation software Spriter to give away in this Thursday's GDNet Direct email newsletter.

Read more in this forum topic or make sure you're signed up (from the right-hand sidebar on the homepage) and read Thursday's newsletter to get in the running!

WebGL GPU Skinning/Skeletal Animation

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
1 reply to this topic

#1 arasmussen   Members   -  Reputation: 111

0Likes

Posted 13 August 2013 - 03:09 PM

I recently posted a question on stack overflow: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/18217812/webgl-gpu-skinning

I'm having some issues with skeletal animation and was wondering if anyone here had any ideas.

Sponsor:

#2 imoogiBG   Members   -  Reputation: 1247

1Likes

Posted 13 August 2013 - 04:29 PM

I cannot access your code so I cant give you the solution to your problem.

Simply for each bone you must compute the absolute transform matrix.

Before you transform the vertex position you must *move* the vertex to the bone space (just by using the (Inverse)BindTransformMatrix(this thing here is a floating notion).

And after that you can transform the model to the world space.

PS

About that line

joints[i].skinning_matrix = MatrixMultiply(joints[i].inverse_bind_pose_matrix, joints ...

I'm not sure what is going on but it seems like you are multiplying the parent bone inverse_bind_pose_matrix, to each child bone in the hierarchy. I don't know how the data is stored, but double check your code.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS