• Create Account

Updating hosted software in the GDNet Marketplace

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
4 replies to this topic

#1 Servant of the Lord   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 21022

Posted 15 August 2013 - 12:04 AM

I was trying to upload a new version of the art tool I have freely available in the GDNet Marketplace.

Unfortunately, when I try to upload the file, it says the upload failed because the file was too big.

The file is only 5.86 MB, and it says that I can upload files that large.

The upload page says, "Maximum file size is 23.84GB." - that might be a bug in itself, unless you're planning for us to upload HD DVDs. laugh.png

It's perfectly fine to abbreviate my username to 'Servant' rather than copy+pasting it all the time.
All glory be to the Man at the right hand... On David's throne the King will reign, and the Government will rest upon His shoulders. All the earth will see the salvation of God.
Of Stranger Flames - [indie turn-based rpg set in a para-historical French colony] | Indie RPG development journal

[Fly with me on Twitter] [Google+] [My broken website]

[Need web hosting? I personally like A Small Orange]

Sponsor:

#2 jbadams   Senior Staff   -  Reputation: 19374

Posted 15 August 2013 - 05:17 AM

Are you trying to upload directly with the form on the page, or are you using FTP?

That maximum upload size is correct, although I think the biggest individual file we have is this one, weighing in at 1.51GB. 

#3 Servant of the Lord   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 21022

Posted 15 August 2013 - 07:22 PM

I used the form on the page, and when that failed twice, I used the "Trouble uploading? Try switching to our basic uploader" form which failed with the same message.

It's perfectly fine to abbreviate my username to 'Servant' rather than copy+pasting it all the time.
All glory be to the Man at the right hand... On David's throne the King will reign, and the Government will rest upon His shoulders. All the earth will see the salvation of God.
Of Stranger Flames - [indie turn-based rpg set in a para-historical French colony] | Indie RPG development journal

#4 Michael Tanczos   Senior Staff   -  Reputation: 5451

Posted 15 August 2013 - 08:32 PM

Did you try logging into files.gamedev.net with your gamedev.net username and password?   If you upload files via FTP you can just enter the filename into the text input box after clicking "Submit file uploaded to files.gamedev.net (enter filename of file)".  

#5 Servant of the Lord   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 21022

Posted 15 August 2013 - 10:03 PM

That worked, thanks.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS