• Create Account

GDNet Newsletter - is it still being sent out?

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
4 replies to this topic

#1 Servant of the Lord   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 18242

Posted 15 August 2013 - 09:53 PM

I registered for the newsletter about two weeks ago, and I haven't received any yet. I checked my spam folder and I don't see it in there either - has any been sent out recently? Is there a GameDev.net webpage where I can see archives of past newsletters?

[Edit:] /facepalm Not being able to find the newsletter link anywhere on the website, I'm pretty sure I just googled 'gamedev newsletter' and signed up on this page... which is part of the old archive site. I wonder how many other people signed up on the wrong page. mellow.png

Where is the new newsletter signup page? And where can I find the past newsletters?

It's perfectly fine to abbreviate my username to 'Servant' rather than copy+pasting it all the time.

[Fly with me on Twitter] [Google+] [My broken website]

All glory be to the Man at the right hand... On David's throne the King will reign, and the Government will rest upon His shoulders. All the earth will see the salvation of God.                                                                                                                                                            [Need web hosting? I personally like A Small Orange]
Of Stranger Flames - [indie turn-based rpg set in a para-historical French colony] | Indie RPG development journal

Sponsor:

#2 BloodyEpi   Members   -  Reputation: 623

Posted 16 August 2013 - 01:05 AM

My Settings > Notification Options > Send me news and information

But I'm not sure if it is possible to read old newsletters.

#3 Michael Tanczos   Senior Staff   -  Reputation: 5164

Posted 16 August 2013 - 06:13 AM

Jason agreed to take over the newsletters about two weeks ago or so.   I will drop him a line and see where we are at..   there is probably just a miscommunication going on.   Jason wants to expand the newsletter with original writing and stories as well, which will be pretty awesome.

Edited by Michael Tanczos, 16 August 2013 - 06:14 AM.

#4 jbadams   Senior Staff   -  Reputation: 17752

Posted 16 August 2013 - 06:32 AM

Ooh, good timing -- I actually just dropped you a line about this Mike!

We should have some exciting new content in our newsletters starting soon -- it's been a very popular request, and I think a lot of people will be happy with it. smile.png

#5 Servant of the Lord   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 18242

Posted 16 August 2013 - 09:44 AM

My Settings > Notification Options > Send me news and information

But I'm not sure if it is possible to read old newsletters.

Thanks, I didn't see that one! I'm checked on there also, so the old newsletter signup page might've signed me up for the new system. Unchecked/re-checked it just to be sure.

There should be a more apparent newsletter signup link somewhere on the site's interface to get new subscribers. Maybe at the bottom of each page under "Company Info".

It's perfectly fine to abbreviate my username to 'Servant' rather than copy+pasting it all the time.

[Fly with me on Twitter] [Google+] [My broken website]

All glory be to the Man at the right hand... On David's throne the King will reign, and the Government will rest upon His shoulders. All the earth will see the salvation of God.                                                                                                                                                            [Need web hosting? I personally like A Small Orange]
Of Stranger Flames - [indie turn-based rpg set in a para-historical French colony] | Indie RPG development journal

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS