• Create Account

The Week of Awesome: Unofficial GDNet Competition

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
133 replies to this topic

#61 Endurion   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 3691

Posted 25 August 2013 - 01:41 PM

You have some weird way to package your game, ryan20fun.

I put everything in the proper folder and uploaded it to my webspace. Hope that's ok.

This is ryan20fun's entry! Run the executable from root/bin32.

Edit: Removed the link as the proper executable is now available in the voting thread

Edited by Endurion, 01 September 2013 - 10:57 PM.

Fruny: Ftagn! Ia! Ia! std::time_put_byname! Mglui naflftagn std::codecvt eY'ha-nthlei!,char,mbstate_t>

Sponsor:

#62 indrajit   Members   -  Reputation: 164

Posted 25 August 2013 - 02:08 PM

Our game's REX AND THE CITY latest version ..

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0Bwh07hDJdwiPdVhGSXFKMmRpSWs&usp=sharing

please play and enjoy..and feed back too...

thanku.. 

Attached Thumbnails

• blast s creen shot.png

#63 Ecker00   Members   -  Reputation: 543

Posted 25 August 2013 - 02:12 PM

Team Snuti game complete: No Better than Dinosaurs

"There exists a world where dinosaurs were never extinct, humans were not at the top of the food chain, and we humans lived in the treetops of the rainforest. Life is different, as humans never evolved in the same way but what if you had the chance to change the way things are?"

“No better than dinosaurs” is our short RPG game that we made this week. We have really enjoyed making the game and really want to thank everyone who set up the competition. It has really been an enjoyable week and we look forward to see all of the entries.

You can play the game here: http://snuti.net/dino

Attached Thumbnails

• DinoJam1_2.png
  • DinoJam2.png
  • DinoJam3.png

Snuti Games on the web: Website - Facebook - Twitter - Blog

#64 Servant of the Lord   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 21211

Posted 25 August 2013 - 02:32 PM

Just to doubly, triply, check, how much time is left in the competition? (by the judges' watches)

Edited by Servant of the Lord, 25 August 2013 - 02:35 PM.

It's perfectly fine to abbreviate my username to 'Servant' rather than copy+pasting it all the time.
All glory be to the Man at the right hand... On David's throne the King will reign, and the Government will rest upon His shoulders. All the earth will see the salvation of God.
Of Stranger Flames - [indie turn-based rpg set in a para-historical French colony] | Indie RPG development journal

[Fly with me on Twitter] [Google+] [My broken website]

[Need web hosting? I personally like A Small Orange]

#65 dmatter   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 3300

Posted 25 August 2013 - 02:42 PM

Just to doubly, triply, check, how much time is left in the competition? (by the judges' watches)

I'm not a judge, but I make it 7h20m. For me (BST time) that's 5AM blink.png

#66 Cornstalks   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 6991

Posted 25 August 2013 - 03:11 PM

6 hours 49 minutes.

12:00AM EDT.

11:00PM CDT.

10:00PM MDT (my time).

9:00PM PDT.

Edited by Cornstalks, 25 August 2013 - 03:13 PM.

[ I was ninja'd 71 times before I stopped counting a long time ago ] [ f.k.a. MikeTacular ] [ My Blog ] [ SWFer: Gaplessly looped MP3s in your Flash games ]

#67 Kamrat   Members   -  Reputation: 252

Posted 25 August 2013 - 03:53 PM

Hi!

This is my game Get To Work!
tumblr_ms3vphJl8N1s5qzu1o1_1280.png

Description:
The game is kind of like an "endless runner" crossed with "Mario and Sonic Olympics".
You are a man trying to get to work without getting eaten by dinosaurs.

Tech-Info:
I wrote the game in Java with libGDX and used sfxr and Gimp to create the sounds and the graphics.

Download:

I ran out of time at the end so it is not as polished as I would have liked, but it is playable and most of the planned features are in in some form:)
There are more info/screenshots on my tumblr.

#68 shadowisadog   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 2563

Posted 25 August 2013 - 04:02 PM

Dinosaurs only live once is now finished!

dologame.jpg

Here is the download link (For windows):  http://www.donaldsmay.com/projects/dolo.zip

Technical information:

The entire game is packaged into one executable. The entire game was created using Game Maker Studio, Inkscape, GIMP, and Genetica with music and sound effects from the internet.

If anyone wants the Game Maker file (so they can laugh at my horribly rushed scripting) it is available here: http://www.donaldsmay.com/projects/Dolo.gmx.zip

I did not have as much time as I would have liked but I am still happy with the small game I was able to produce. Thank you for holding this contest, it was a lot of fun!

Enjoy!

Edited by shadowisadog, 25 August 2013 - 04:53 PM.

#69 Vilem Otte   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 1570

Posted 25 August 2013 - 04:52 PM

For our team, I have sad information, in last few days I had quite busy time in my real job (unexpected customer) - while I hoped for finishing in time, I wasn't able to find time to work on a game for more than few hours a day.

Even though, we (as a team) decided to finish the game as soon as possible, though with a little overdue. Core gameplay is finished, yet graphics and few specific aspects aren't still completed, we wanted to create a game with specific feeling - which in current state wouldn't be.

My current blog on programming, linux and stuff - http://gameprogrammerdiary.blogspot.com

#70 tisdadd   Members   -  Reputation: 313

Posted 25 August 2013 - 07:11 PM

Computer is almost dead, but I had just enough time to make the game much more fun to play... at least for me.

http://adsittech.com/dinoTamer.php

#71 Servant of the Lord   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 21211

Posted 25 August 2013 - 07:13 PM

Getting down to the wire, but will upload mine at the last moment.

It's perfectly fine to abbreviate my username to 'Servant' rather than copy+pasting it all the time.
All glory be to the Man at the right hand... On David's throne the King will reign, and the Government will rest upon His shoulders. All the earth will see the salvation of God.
Of Stranger Flames - [indie turn-based rpg set in a para-historical French colony] | Indie RPG development journal

#72 Oberon_Command   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 1975

Posted 25 August 2013 - 07:18 PM

Getting down to the wire, but will upload mine at the last moment.

Likewise. Less than 3 hours left!

#73 Cornstalks   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 6991

Posted 25 August 2013 - 08:27 PM

HURRY!!! (and good luck)

I'll be updating the OP with all the submitted games as soon as the competition ends.

[ I was ninja'd 71 times before I stopped counting a long time ago ] [ f.k.a. MikeTacular ] [ My Blog ] [ SWFer: Gaplessly looped MP3s in your Flash games ]

#74 dmatter   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 3300

Posted 25 August 2013 - 08:52 PM

Just over an hour, right? I guess I better start wrapping it up!

#75 Oberon_Command   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 1975

Posted 25 August 2013 - 08:55 PM

My team's entry is currently uploading to Dropbox. I will edit this post with a link when it's done.

edit: Team Mechanical Sprite presents Raptor Ace!

edit 2: Runs on Windows and is based on Unity. Hope it runs on other machines...

Edited by Oberon_Command, 25 August 2013 - 10:49 PM.

#76 Servant of the Lord   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 21211

Posted 25 August 2013 - 08:58 PM

Hehehe, 60 minutes left. We'll just barely make it. I can't color all the dinos in time, unfortunately, so I'll have to just recolor some already-colored ones.

#77 Cornstalks   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 6991

Posted 25 August 2013 - 09:02 PM

I'm going for a motorcycle ride, so I may not be able to announce the competition's end on time. However, note that the competition does still end on time (just because I don't post an announcement right at 12:00AM EDT doesn't mean it's extended). I will use the posts'/edits' timestamps on this site to make sure entries are submitted before 12:00AM EDT. I will post here as soon as I'm back.

Good luck!

#78 slicer4ever   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 3990

Posted 25 August 2013 - 09:45 PM

Ok, not 100% done, but it'll have to do.  it's the legend of raptor, you are a raptor, go around killing the little compy's.  unfortunately didn't get many rooms built, and only 1 enemy.  as well, no music=-(.  ai is pretty dumb, overall i only got like 3 days of serious work done on it, so i'm kinda happy with what i managed to build in that time.

screens:

A.png

B.png

download:

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B7OCTMofiWbhVk8waDVCdkJGMTQ/edit?usp=sharing

hope you guys like it, didn't get everything i wanted done(wanted to get at least one dungeon made up, but without a level editor, making even one room took ~30 mins)

Check out https://www.facebook.com/LiquidGames for some great games made by me on the Playstation Mobile market.

#79 indrajit   Members   -  Reputation: 164

Posted 25 August 2013 - 09:54 PM

The finale version..

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0Bwh07hDJdwiPRUtOSjl3Q1BraTg&usp=sharing

enjoy.....

Attached Thumbnails

• blast s creen shot.png
  • Screen shot.png
  • concept art 2.png

#80 FuzzyRhombus   Members   -  Reputation: 773

Posted 25 August 2013 - 09:56 PM

Ok, here's our entry. smile.png Never had time to do journal updates or the like

We bit off a little more (a lot) than we could chew.. We rushed out what we could so it was something actually playable, but it's not totally representative of the idea. There's a backstory and instructions in the readme.

Our game is a top down RTS defense game with farming elements. All the features didn't make it in though sad.png

I still think it wasn't bad for our first competition. Some of you guys are really fast at this!

Hope you guys enjoy it, and good luck to everyone else!

Here's a dropbox link to the zip. It contains the ipa and a readme.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/v2989m6auqz4snd/DNALabs.zip

Note:

Since our game is an iOS release, unless your device is jailbroken you won't be able to install it.

Judges: I've included Cornstalks UDID's... jdadams is jailbroken, but I haven't heard from the others.

Please let me know if you have any problems!

Also, just wanted to say I had a lot of fun, and the theme forced my teammates and I to think of things we wouldn't normally come up with. Overall it was a very good experience. :D

Edited by FuzzyRhombus, 25 August 2013 - 10:27 PM.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS