open world (sandbox), top down, space, RPG, exploration
Menu, super early WIP.
Inventory, super early WIP.
About the game:
VoidExpanse is our first project – a space themed open world top down action RPG. The player takes the role of a spaceship pilot, and may explore vast expanses of space, engage in space combat and military missions, trade with NPC and space stations, mine asteroids, undertake various types of quests and generally do whatever he wants as the game is completely open ended. It doesn’t mean, though, that there is no story, on the contrary, we believe that without a great story all this openness wouldn’t be worth anything as there will be nothing driving you to devote yourself to explore the game world.
1) VoidExpanse is being built on top of our custom scripting interface allowing us and any player to extend the game indefinitely with any new features and content or completely redefine how some systems work within the game. That also enables anyone to create a completely new game with this engine.
2) The game will be multiplayer enabled from the day one. In fact even single player is played with the server being silently run behind the scenes on your PC. This multiplayer ability enables everyone to create their custom servers with any custom mods installed.
3) We want is to basically enable anyone to have his own small “MMORPG” with a community of followers. But just to make it clear, it is not a MMO title, it is a single player game but which you can also play in multiplayer. Much like MineCraft.
4) We are using Unity as our engine.
5) The game will be available not only on Windows, but also eventually on Linux and OSX.
Five dudes from Europe
So far a lot has been done already, but we are nowhere near releasing any demos or videos. Still, I would like to make people know about our project to get some extra motivation to our programmers
Our site with some extra info + blog
VoidExpanse - Open World, Top Down, Space RPG
Members - Reputation: 144
Posted 19 August 2013 - 04:15 AM