• Create Account

Accidental Downvotes

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
6 replies to this topic

#1 ChaosEngine   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 2140

Posted 19 August 2013 - 05:34 PM

Today, I accidentally clicked down vote on a post when I actually wanted to upvote it.

Should users be able to change their minds? If I up/downvote a post, shouldn't I be able to change that (even if only within a time frame and even if it cost your own rep)

if you think programming is like sex, you probably haven't done much of either.-------------- - capn_midnight

Sponsor:

#2 TheChubu   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 3710

Posted 19 August 2013 - 05:44 PM

Today, I accidentally clicked down vote on a post when I actually wanted to upvote it.

Shame on you.

"I AM ZE EMPRAH OPENGL 3.3 THE CORE, I DEMAND FROM THEE ZE SHADERZ AND MATRIXEZ"

My journals: dustArtemis ECS framework and Making a Terrain Generator

#3 ChaosEngine   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 2140

Posted 20 August 2013 - 05:27 PM

Shame on you.

I know. I am filled with remorse.

if you think programming is like sex, you probably haven't done much of either.-------------- - capn_midnight

#4 l0calh05t   Members   -  Reputation: 644

Posted 27 August 2013 - 07:47 AM

Just happened to me as well while scrolling on a touchscreen. There really should be a way to undo votes.

#5 Bacterius   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 8164

Posted 27 August 2013 - 09:07 AM

Just happened to me as well while scrolling on a touchscreen. There really should be a way to undo votes.

I can't believe you did this.

Seriously, yeah, +1 for a way to undo votes, maybe just clicking again on the circle should remove your vote and let you vote again?

The slowsort algorithm is a perfect illustration of the multiply and surrender paradigm, which is perhaps the single most important paradigm in the development of reluctant algorithms. The basic multiply and surrender strategy consists in replacing the problem at hand by two or more subproblems, each slightly simpler than the original, and continue multiplying subproblems and subsubproblems recursively in this fashion as long as possible. At some point the subproblems will all become so simple that their solution can no longer be postponed, and we will have to surrender. Experience shows that, in most cases, by the time this point is reached the total work will be substantially higher than what could have been wasted by a more direct approach.

- Pessimal Algorithms and Simplexity Analysis

#6 l0calh05t   Members   -  Reputation: 644

Posted 27 August 2013 - 09:35 AM

Something like that. Or just leave the arrows visible and make it possible to click downvote again to undownvote (or click upvote to undownvote and upvote at the same time). In general something more like the stackexchange way of doing things would be nice.

#7 Ravyne   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 6769

Posted 27 August 2013 - 11:30 AM

+1, I've done this a handful of times while browsing on my phone.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS