• Create Account

Producing Game Trailers

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
2 replies to this topic

#1 SSM   Members   -  Reputation: 104

0Likes

Posted 28 August 2013 - 04:02 PM

Hey Guys,

Very new to this forum, so my apologies if this is posted under the wrong header.

Basically, I run a small media company, and both my partner and I would like to offer an service where we craft trailers, or kickstarter media, for indie developers.

If this is a service developers would be interested in, what's the best way to promote this service?

I'm not sure if maybe there's specific sites or forums developers use frequently, or if it's more a matter of casting a large net on various forums.

Any information would be appreciated.

Sponsor:

#2 Tom Sloper   Moderators   -  Reputation: 9863

0Likes

Posted 28 August 2013 - 05:10 PM

what's the best way to promote this service?

So you're mainly asking a marketing question. Here on gamedev, the best way to let people know about your service is to post an announcement in Your Announcements.  You could also put a notice in the Classifieds.

-- Tom Sloper
Sloperama Productions
Making games fun and getting them done.
www.sloperama.com

Please do not PM me. My email address is easy to find, but note that I do not give private advice.

#3 BlackMoons   Members   -  Reputation: 439

1Likes

Posted 04 September 2013 - 11:33 PM

I would have to say the best way might be go out and contact indie game developers themselves via private message or e-mail.

But don't just spam them. Learn a little about there game and mention that in the post. Maybe even come up with a logo image for them, using art/screenshot from there game. Something personalized that shows your talent. Might take you an hour per person you contact, but there are a very limited number of indie games and you don't want to burn through them all in an hour.

Lead Coder/Game Designer for Brutal Nature: http://BrutalNature.com

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS