• Create Account

Lilian's Castle, 3D adventure/plate-forme, OpenGL C++

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
2 replies to this topic

#1 marshiell1   Members   -  Reputation: 149

Posted 29 August 2013 - 10:39 AM

Hello everyone!

This is my first post in this forum, so I'll shortly introduce myself.

I am Marshiell, I currently study in Berlin and I love programming 3D games. I'm doing it for almost 5 years, I started by learning C++ on a french website and I instantly loved it! You can check out my previous projects on my website: www.linkocraft.com

Lilian's Castle

So if i'm posting today, it's to introduce you to the beta version of my newest project. I started it in april 2012, motivated to solve a collision problem that I had back then because I always want to program the engine myself. I'm using OpenGL in C++ with CodeBlocks. 

Genesis

Lilian's Castle is a 3D adventure / plateforme game playable in two different mods. The main mode, Adventure, has a global objective similar to Mario 64 or Banjo-Kazooie: You can access several worlds in which you'll venture, beat ennemies, solve puzzles and collect bonuses that are needed for the adventure's progress.

There is also a secondary mode called Challenges in which you run through different levels at the end of which you get a score based on the time you took to complete it and what bonuses you collected. That way you can compare your skill with other players smile.png

Screenshots

Here a few screenshots of the latest version:

lc2.jpg

lc3.jpg

Download

You can download the latest version of the Lilian's Castle here (.zip)

You need Windows to run it.

Thank you for reading!

Sponsor:

#2 marshiell1   Members   -  Reputation: 149

Posted 01 October 2013 - 02:17 PM

Hey!

lately I spent some time on working on the sockets and threads and I finaly managed to stabilize an online multiplayer mode with UDP. It is now possible to play maps, like 1v1 arenas, cooperative maps or even the campaign as 2 !

Forwarding a port will be needed to be able to host a game.

Here a picture of the throne-room map I'm working on with my editor:
throne.jpg

A scene in this map will be played in the game's intro, that way I can explain the scenario a bit more

I'll keep you up-to-date!

#3 marshiell1   Members   -  Reputation: 149

Posted 11 October 2013 - 06:37 AM

Hey!
I found some time to upload a new version smile.png

For the adventure mode, I fixed like 500 bugs for approximately 43hours and I added a scene for the introduction. I added an activable object, the well, that requires golden drops to open the access to a world. Screen:
well.jpg

But most importantly I managed to make an almost stable version for the multiplayer mode; you can play as 2 and the host must forward a port. For now 2 maps are playable, a short cooperative map (coop_factory) in a different environment:
coop_factory.jpg

And a 1v1 arena map (deathmatch_arena), not that interesting I think because I didn't work a lot on the combat system yet.
deathmatch_arena.jpg

Tell me what you think, so I know if I should continue with multiplayer mode or not smile.png

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS