• Create Account

unresolved external symbol ___glutInitWithExit@12... HELP!!

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
2 replies to this topic

#1 YodaTheCoder   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 25 October 2001 - 07:38 AM

Linking... main.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol ___glutInitWithExit@12 main.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol ___glutCreateWindowWithExit@8 Debug/solarsystem.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 2 unresolved externals Someone tell me how to fix that.. I have opengl32.lib glut32.lib and glu32.lib linked to my project (Im using MSVC6.0).. anyone have advice?

Sponsor:

#2 Mayrel   Members   -  Reputation: 348

Posted 25 October 2001 - 07:50 AM

This might mean that your glut32.lib and glut.h versions don't match.

Version 4 (I think) of the glut header changes glutInit to glutInitWithExit on Win32 systems, to get around a bug. If your glut32.lib is from an earlier version that doesn't have this bugfix, then you'll get that message. You either want to install an old version of glut.h, or a new version of glut32.lib and glut32.dll. I'd go for the new version if possible.

Uuuuuulrika-ka-ka-ka-ka-ka

[Typo fix]

Edited by - Mayrel on October 25, 2001 3:11:16 PM

#3 Zeus_   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 25 October 2001 - 07:56 AM

Wow thanks!

I just realized that every time I created a new project/workspace, I would copy and paste a version of Glut32.lib that was really old, and never knew. Until you said something just now, I replaced all of those old files with the new glut32.lib.. And it all works..

Thanks! Youll have to excuse my newbie opengl-ish-ness..

~zeus

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS