• Create Account

Need help with a library

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
2 replies to this topic

#1 tiresandplanes   Members   -  Reputation: 133

0Likes

Posted 29 August 2013 - 05:35 PM

I posted this in beginners originally but I felt like it'd get answered more quickly in here.

I'm making my first rogue-like using this http://www.kathekonta.com/rlguide/article1.html tutorial and I am having trouble with compiling it.

I'm using Visual studio 2010 and whenever I try to compile the program it comes up with something like "Could not open Console.lib and I'm not sure what I am doing incorrectly. Does the .lib file go into the resources folder in a project? when is says "Static library for the Console interface:" does that mean when I make the project I should make it a static library instead of a win32 console application?

Edit: I basically don't know how to link my library to my project file.

Edit: I think....

Edit: I got it linked but I keep getting this error

1>console.lib(Win32Console.obj) : warning LNK4075: ignoring '/EDITANDCONTINUE' due to '/OPT:ICF' specification
1>LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'LIBCD.lib'

Edited by tiresandplanes, 29 August 2013 - 06:39 PM.

Sponsor:

#2 GaldorPunk   Members   -  Reputation: 1085

0Likes

Posted 30 August 2013 - 05:07 AM

First, you probably want to add the library folder in your project directory and add these in your Visual Studio project, or you could just include it from where you downloaded it to. In either case, once you’ve created a Visual Studio Project, right click on your project file in the Solution Explorer (should be at the left side of the window) and click Properties, then expand Configuration Properties, and Expand C/C++ and click on the General tab, you can then click on the right where it says Additional Include Directories and add the path for the library folder.

I tested it and got an error saying “cannot open file ‘LIBCD.lib’ which is apparently because Visual Studio doesn’t support that, so to fix it, go into the project’s Properties > Configuration Properties > Linker > Input and then click on Ignore Specific Default Libraries and add in LIBCD.lib.

#3 tiresandplanes   Members   -  Reputation: 133

0Likes

Posted 30 August 2013 - 12:26 PM

This worked! Thank you very much, I think I was having the most trouble with the LIBCD.lib part.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS