• Create Account

Another Unofficial Contest...? (First details posted!)

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
12 replies to this topic

#1 Alpha_ProgDes   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 4688

Posted 31 August 2013 - 12:58 PM

Hello all!

I'm putting together a contest. For beginners and beginner-intermediates. And it's Pong/Table Tennis. The contest itself will start on October 1, 2013 12:00 AM PST and will end on November 1, 2013 12:00 AM PST. From September 15, 2013 to September 30, 2013, I will give the rules and criteria for the contests.

Any library or game-maker software is acceptable. All platforms are welcomed as long there are people who can test and review on those platforms.

*** Further details available in THIS TOPIC! ***

Edit:

For those of you who have never made Pong before, you have a month to brush up your skills in making that basic game.

For those thinking about or have already decided to participate, know that the contest will be about making a more enhanced Pong that goes beyond the normal game. I'm still working out what those enhancements will be.

Beginner in Game Development? Read here.

Super Mario Bros clone tutorial written in XNA 4.0 [MonoGame, ANX, and MonoXNA] by Scott Haley

If you have found any of the posts helpful, please show your appreciation by clicking the up arrow on those posts Posted Image

Spoiler

Sponsor:

#2 Cornstalks   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 6974

Posted 31 August 2013 - 01:09 PM

Cool! I hope it goes very well.

[ I was ninja'd 71 times before I stopped counting a long time ago ] [ f.k.a. MikeTacular ] [ My Blog ] [ SWFer: Gaplessly looped MP3s in your Flash games ]

#3 Alpha_ProgDes   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 4688

Posted 31 August 2013 - 01:12 PM

Cool! I hope it goes very well.

Me too!

Super Mario Bros clone tutorial written in XNA 4.0 [MonoGame, ANX, and MonoXNA] by Scott Haley

If you have found any of the posts helpful, please show your appreciation by clicking the up arrow on those posts Posted Image

Spoiler

#4 dmatter   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 3035

Posted 31 August 2013 - 01:22 PM

I always like contests; it's looking at what everyone else produces that makes them interesting really.

So I'll register some early interest. Whether I can stay motivated for a month is a different question but I could certainly knock together a pong game.

I guess there are more deets to come, right?

Edited by dmatter, 31 August 2013 - 05:19 PM.

#5 Alpha_ProgDes   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 4688

Posted 31 August 2013 - 01:28 PM

deets?

Spoiler

#6 Cornstalks   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 6974

Posted 31 August 2013 - 01:34 PM

deets?

details
[ I was ninja'd 71 times before I stopped counting a long time ago ] [ f.k.a. MikeTacular ] [ My Blog ] [ SWFer: Gaplessly looped MP3s in your Flash games ]

#7 Alpha_ProgDes   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 4688

Posted 31 August 2013 - 01:38 PM

I guess more there are more deets to come, right?

Yes.... there will be :)

Spoiler

#8 jbadams   Senior Staff   -  Reputation: 18019

Posted 01 September 2013 - 05:06 AM

We're happy to provide reputation bonuses similar to those for the "week or awesome" contest; I'll follow up further details with you when there are more details on the contest itself. smile.png

#9 tangodrinks   Members   -  Reputation: 267

Posted 01 September 2013 - 05:40 AM

Well i'm interested in it. tongue.png

#10 Aurioch   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 1298

Posted 01 September 2013 - 06:51 AM

I'm interested in it as well :D

#11 Alpha_ProgDes   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 4688

Posted 01 September 2013 - 10:44 AM

We're happy to provide reputation bonuses similar to those for the "week or awesome" contest; I'll follow up further details with you when there are more details on the contest itself. smile.png

Thank you good sir :)

Spoiler

#12 MarekKnows.com   Members   -  Reputation: 479

Posted 09 September 2013 - 10:38 AM

sounds interesting, I hope I have some free time to take on the challenge

---
Free C++, OpenGL, and Game Development Video Tutorials @
www.MarekKnows.com
Play my free games: Ghost Toast, Zing, Jewel Thief

#13 Alpha_ProgDes   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 4688

Posted 14 September 2013 - 11:13 PM

Ok everybody. The details are on this thread.

Spoiler

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS