How fraps bypasses x-trap?

Started by
13 comments, last by WerWoolf 10 years, 7 months ago

Greetings. I am writing a program to capture video from directx applications. But the x-trap (anti-cheat) blocking my app. How can i bypass x-trap?

Thanks.

Advertisement

It's probably the opposite - XTrap allows Fraps to work.

So the question becomes, can another application pass itself off as Fraps, and how? tongue.png

“If I understand the standard right it is legal and safe to do this but the resulting value could be anything.”

So the question becomes, can another application pass itself off as Fraps, and how? tongue.png

I'd change the process name to fraps.exe and try (remember the quack fiasco)

Anti cheat systems can be bypassed. How? Well, cracker communities have much more experience on that field, but it isn't straightforward nor elegant.

I learned that the x-trap scans memory modifications in the process. How can I hide it?

Why do you need to modify memory?

It sounds like you are trying to build a hack for a game. This is a community for people who make games, you probably won't find many people here interested in helping you break someone else's game.

I writing program for capturing video from DirectX applications. An i set hook ( jmp method ) to IDirect3DDevice9::Present(). This method modifing memory in the process.

It sounds like you are trying to build a hack for a game. This is a community for people who make games, you probably won't find many people here interested in helping you break someone else's game.

The typical approach to efficiency capture D3D applications is to hook into their presentation loop and save the backbuffer somewhere.

“If I understand the standard right it is legal and safe to do this but the resulting value could be anything.”

The typical approach to efficiency capture D3D applications is to hook into their presentation loop and save the backbuffer somewhere.

Yes, but i need modify memory to set hook.

Bypassing X-Trap is non-trivial, but there are a few ways.

Assuming the target of your client is a game protected by X-Trap, one way is to write a kernel driver that hooks SwapContext() so that when any thread belonging to X-Trap is started you set back the memory you modified (or vise-versa—when the game’s thread is activated you set the modified memory back, and put the original back when it is deactivated).

Or you could just take a screenshot without modifying the game’s memory…

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd144947%28VS.85%29.aspx

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd183370%28VS.85%29.aspx

L. Spiro

I restore Nintendo 64 video-game OST’s into HD! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCtX_wedtZ5BoyQBXEhnVZw/playlists?view=1&sort=lad&flow=grid

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement