• Create Account

OpenGL SDK

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
12 replies to this topic

#1 ripper079   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 25 October 2001 - 12:46 PM

Where can I download OpenGL SDK??? I´ve been on http://www.opengl.org/ but cannot find it there. Thx.

Sponsor:

#2 Null and Void   Moderators   -  Reputation: 1087

Posted 25 October 2001 - 01:12 PM

The headers and libraries are included with your compiler. The extension header is on sgi.com if you need it. There isn''t an official SDK, but there''s an NVidia SDK if you want one.

[Resist Windows XP''s Invasive Production Activation Technology!]

#3 Shag   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 25 October 2001 - 01:13 PM

What are you after? If you tell us what particular aspect you are looking for, then maybe we can help!

#4 Zeus_   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 25 October 2001 - 03:01 PM

Perhaps you were confused.

When we say "OpenGL SDK" we are talking about a software delelopment _KIT_. The kit is a set of header files and libraries. I believe that you were after an OpenGL IDE.

#5 ripper079   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 25 October 2001 - 07:48 PM

Actually I´m looking for a "newer version" version of opengl32.lib because the current opengl32.lib - file(Im using) generates a error thats its a bad OMF record(I´ve linked the liberies right). Im using Borland Builder to compile and on their hompage thay say that I need to get the OpenGL SDK in order to get my program to work.

#6 Screaming Lunatic   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 25 October 2001 - 08:10 PM

Newer versions of opengl32.dll are provided by the driver guys. So if you have an Nvidia card, go to there site and get the newest drivers. Same goes for ATI or any other card.

You can also get the Nvidia OpenGL SDK from www.nvidia.com/developer. It can be pretty handy.

Can you tell I'm pretty Nvidia biased?

SL

Edited by - Screaming Lunatic on October 26, 2001 3:11:38 AM

#7 Maximus   Members   -  Reputation: 124

Posted 25 October 2001 - 08:26 PM

He said LIB not DLL, nVidia dont provide libraries for OpenGL

#8 Enigma   Members   -  Reputation: 1402

Posted 25 October 2001 - 10:34 PM

I''ve run into this problem before - basically, the library is in a slightly different form to that which the Borland compiler expects. If you have the Borland command line tools you can try either:

Implib opengl32.lib windows/system/opengl32.dll

to generate a compatible library straight from the dll

or

Coff2omf (I''m not sure exactly how you use this program)

to fix the lib file.

Hope that helps

#9 Anonymous Poster_Anonymous Poster_*   Guests   -  Reputation:

Posted 02 November 2001 - 05:18 PM

this OpenGL SDK ?
(for loading extensions)

http://oss.sgi.com/projects/ogl-sample/sdk.html

#10 Some Guy   Banned   -  Reputation: 100

Posted 03 November 2001 - 05:23 PM

Here''s something.

I have OpenGL v1.1 for DevC++, but I can''t find v1.2 anywhere. The newer v1.3 would be nice, but when in the world is it coming out to Windows systems for MingW32?

#11 Poya   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 03 November 2001 - 05:41 PM

Yes same here. I cannot find v1.2 or 1.3

Also does anyone know if vertex and pixel shaders are included in any of these versions, or I would still need to use extensions?

#12 Vlion   Members   -  Reputation: 151

Posted 06 November 2001 - 04:47 PM

1.3 is still a specification.
No code has been released for ogl 1.3

There is no W32 1.2 header files+libs.

M$ only released the 1.1 opengl32.dll.

To get ogl 1.2 I think you need to access your dlls stright from your code without the libs.

~V''lion

I came, I saw, I got programmers block.
~V''''lion

#13 zedzeek   Members   -  Reputation: 528

Posted 06 November 2001 - 07:53 PM

check the version string glGetString( GL_VERSION ) if it saiz opengl1.2 then u should have opengl1.2 if u get opengl1.3 u have opengl1.3.
my card nvidia ''vanta'' returns opengl1.3 which means i can do 1.2+1.3 stuff though some of them eg cubemaps are only done in software

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS