• Create Account

AI engine?

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
4 replies to this topic

#1 noatom   Members   -  Reputation: 785

0Likes

Posted 05 September 2013 - 05:29 PM

So,is there any ai engine that you can use for free? I'd like to use one in a 3d game engine.I tried searching on google,but i can't really find anything free.

Sponsor:

#2 David Ga11agher   Members   -  Reputation: 142

0Likes

Posted 05 September 2013 - 07:41 PM

I'm not sure what sort of ai you are interested in, but I'm nearly finished a path finding lib for 3d.It's for OE2 but because the path finding isn't engine specific I'm making that lib available free. it should be out in 2 weeks as I'm spread over a few projects right now. While not a full ai solution it is at least one part of the puzzle you might be able to use.

you can see the current progress here.

#3 Satharis   Members   -  Reputation: 1277

0Likes

Posted 05 September 2013 - 08:23 PM

AI is a very game specific topic, in most cases it isn't really feasible to create a library that acts as an ai layer, it's too abstract for interfacing with gameplay.

There are a few AI libraries out there but they are mainly focused around state machine based decision making and pathfinding, basically designed for what the general equivalent of roaming enemy in a 2d or 3d game might be. Of course you could probably tweak enough to get more specific behavior but it's kind of like using a full on physics library just to simulate basic physics behavior.

#4 HyperV   Members   -  Reputation: 879

0Likes

Posted 10 September 2013 - 07:11 AM

for what language do you want to use a AI engine?

#5 noatom   Members   -  Reputation: 785

0Likes

Posted 10 September 2013 - 07:26 AM

c++

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS