• Create Account

Problem with Scaling :(

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
4 replies to this topic

#1 Forenkazan   Members   -  Reputation: 185

0Likes

Posted 06 September 2013 - 09:17 AM

hi everyone

i j have done something for ios game using Photoshop CS 5

i made it with 1800*1400 px canvas

Cube 1.PNG

but the programmer said he wants it 100*100 px

so i tried to scale it , but it becomes so strange sad.png

Cube 2.PNG

then i tried to draw it nomraly in 100*100 px but AA made it so horrible sad.png

can i use brush tool without AA ?

and is there a way to draw in 100*100 px like drawing in 1800*1400 px (i mean the pixels arent visible) ?

Sponsor:

#2 GaldorPunk   Members   -  Reputation: 995

0Likes

Posted 06 September 2013 - 11:25 AM

You might want to change your interpolation type when adjusting the image size (drop down box in the Image Size menu) Bicubic or Bicubic Sharper will probably produce the best results. (you'll get straight lines, but they'll be much lighter - you can then darken the image and increase its contrast to make it look more like the original black lines.)

Alternatively you can redraw it in the smaller size with the line tool (it has a checkbox to turn off AA) or the pencil tool which will let you draw one pixel at a time.

#3 Kryzon   Prime Members   -  Reputation: 2935

0Likes

Posted 06 September 2013 - 01:39 PM

Try this.

• Fill that shape with a flat color;
  • Scale it down to 100x100;
  • Make a selection out of that shape (it's CTRL + Click on layer in the layers list); 
  • Create a new layer;
  • Make a stroke on that new layer (it's Edit -> Stroke) using that selection and a black color. Test out different width settings along with alignments (inside, center or outside).

Edited by Kryzon, 06 September 2013 - 01:45 PM.

#4 Forenkazan   Members   -  Reputation: 185

0Likes

Posted 06 September 2013 - 04:01 PM

this what i got when i did ur method  teacher  Kryzon :)

Cube 3.PNG

i dont want those pixels appear :(

i will try what  GaldorPunk said now

#5 3Ddreamer   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 3133

1Likes

Posted 10 September 2013 - 09:42 AM

I would create this image (the cube in this case) in a vector graphics program such as Inkscape and resize it before converting to or in another program which supports vector to raster conversions like GIMP.  Once you get used to the workflow pipeline, using one vector program and another raster program in this way is quick and easy.

For very advanced work, I make a cube or other 3D object in a 3D program and rendered with lighting effects and fine anti-aliasing, perhaps super-sampling, then take a screenshot of it already in the correct size.  After getting the experience, both these methods take me about the same amount of time for simple shapes or images.

Clinton

Personal life and your private thoughts always effect your career. Research is the intellectual backbone of game development and the first order. Version Control is crucial for full management of applications and software.  The better the workflow pipeline, then the greater the potential output for a quality game.  Completing projects is the last but finest order.

by Clinton, 3Ddreamer

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS