Do you have any particular names for these in mind? And what these different agencies would do?
- General Intelligence and Security Agency - GISA, nicknamed the suits since they often wear suits, internal security.(though also present outside the empire)
- Organisation for Counter intelligence and International Support - OCIS - nicknamed the greys since seldom make any public appearance and when they do usually anonymous. Spionage, they report to (the empire's) diplomats.Present both inside and outside the empire.
- Military Intelligence and Police Service - the MIP, nicknamed the Mips because it sounds good, military organisation that deals with technology(military but also other), deals with crimes in the military, and is to keep the military's efficiency up(fight corruption, get rid of problems)
- Authorized Bureau of Investigation - ABI, form of police with high level authority over civilians, meant to go after high level crimes like murder and whatever the empire deems serious enough, will usually not report on low-level crimes, nicknamed the Bureau.
- Police, normal police, will mainly deal with traffick, violence and thieves, nicknamed the pigs, may have other local nicknames since the departments are mainly locally organised.
- The Emperor's Guard; initially meant as a sort of bodyguard organisation with some extra authorities, it's now in charge of most of the palace's security and often used for many personal/secret missions by different advisors of the emperor. Often referred to as "the palace"
- Central Bureau of Investigation - CBI, meant to investigate/keep an eye on both the GISA and OCIS, also the MIP, is itself under surveillance to the Emperor's guard.
Usually not nicknamed since they hold very little power(being sandwiched between organisations who do have other, more real, directives)
- Trade Surveillance and Taxation - nicknamed the calcs since they have often arrested smugglers after finding thatnumbers on official documents were off.
organisation to investigate (organised)smuggling, and keep an eye on the Borderwatch.must often get authorisation from the ABI for some actions.
- Borderwatch - the douane, physically present when legal ships/traders enter or leave the empire, making sure all the rules are adhered.
Nicked the watchers; even though low on the hierarchy they receive a considerable amount of respect since they're also one of the first to enter combat when the empire is being invaded.
Edited by powerneg, 07 January 2014 - 04:53 PM.