• Create Account

We're offering banner ads on our site from just $5!

1. Details HERE. 2. GDNet+ Subscriptions HERE. 3. Ad upload HERE.

Does the status of chartered IT professional grant any advantage when looking for game programmer jobs?

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
1 reply to this topic

#1 Mafioso   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 180

0Likes

Posted 10 September 2013 - 02:21 PM

Hello,

I'm currently choosing a university where I would like to do my BSc Computer Science degree and I came across an additional accreditation, which allows to have a membership in The Chartered Institute for IT and become a chartered IT professional.

The chartered institute that I've mentioned is a British one, however there should be equivalent ones for other countries as well.

I know that chartered status is a requirement for engineers and some other positions to get a decent job in the industry. Is this of any good for a game programmer or is it just a posh title to have on your CV? Would it make any difference for an employer after graduation?

Thank you.

Sponsor:

#2 Tom Sloper   Moderators   -  Reputation: 10079

1Likes

Posted 10 September 2013 - 02:48 PM

It would not add to your programming credentials, but for a small studio it would make you look attractive as someone who could help with their IT needs. It might mean you'd be doing a lot more IT work than you otherwise would.

-- Tom Sloper
Sloperama Productions
Making games fun and getting them done.
www.sloperama.com

Please do not PM me. My email address is easy to find, but note that I do not give private advice.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS