• Create Account

Interested in a FREE copy of HTML5 game maker Construct 2?

We'll be giving away three Personal Edition licences in next Tuesday's GDNet Direct email newsletter!

Sign up from the right-hand sidebar on our homepage and read Tuesday's newsletter for details!

We're also offering banner ads on our site from just $5! 1. Details HERE. 2. GDNet+ Subscriptions HERE. 3. Ad upload HERE.

ARB_texture_multisample

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
No replies to this topic

#1 Kaptein   Prime Members   -  Reputation: 2174

0Likes

Posted 12 September 2013 - 12:05 PM

Does anyone have any examples for this? I didn't find anything anywhere

I basically just want to enable multisampling, if at all possible with my current setup, which I can't change at all

I render to an FBO with 3 textures and a depth-renderbuffer

This is because I don't need the depth of the scene in itself, since it's wrong.. I'm just using the alpha channel of one of the RGBA textures to write my own depth values that are actually correct distance from camera

I need the depth-renderbuffer because it's fast.. I really don't want depth texture

And finally, I want to somehow enable multisampling..

Will ARB_texture_multisample help at all here?

Or does it come with just the same buts and ifs that multisampled renderbuffer do, which I dont want...

Im fine with 1 blit operation, and 1 blit operation only

The final scene itself is only 1 RGBA texture anyways, and all the other textures don't need multisampling

So, I want to set my final scene texture to multisample, and resolve it at the end of drawing the terrain

And that's it!

If i made the final scene texture GL_TEXTURE_2D_MULTISAMPLE does that mean I have to change all the other textures?

If so, it makes this extension completely pointless :(

I'm guessing you are all using FXAA or something?

Sponsor:

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS