• Create Account

Jobs in Seattle for a Cartoony Animator?

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
3 replies to this topic

#1 ianj37   Members   -  Reputation: 104

0Likes

Posted 15 September 2013 - 10:52 AM

Hey everyone,

I'm a 3d animator looking for a job in the Seattle area.  My style and taste is more cartoony, and this is reflected in my demo reel.  How realistic is it that I could find a job animating on cartoony games in the Seattle area?  Do any studios in the area make games of that sort?  Some larger ones seem to do work of this sort, but is it realistic to think that there would be enough ongoing work in this style?  Any thoughts and/or help would be very much appreciated!

Thanks!

Sponsor:

#2 Tom Sloper   Moderators   -  Reputation: 8647

1Likes

Posted 15 September 2013 - 11:27 AM

1. How realistic is it that I could find a job animating on cartoony games in the Seattle area?

2. Do any studios in the area make games of that sort?

3. is it realistic to think that there would be enough ongoing work in this style?

1. It's not UNrealistic.

2. You need to do research.  "Research" does not mean "asking folks on a forum."  It means using gamedevmap and gameindustrymap, then googling each company in your area, and reading their websites and looking up their games.

3. It's not UNrealistic.

-- Tom Sloper
Sloperama Productions
Making games fun and getting them done.
www.sloperama.com

Please do not PM me. My email address is easy to find, but note that I do not give private advice.

#3 ianj37   Members   -  Reputation: 104

0Likes

Posted 19 September 2013 - 07:59 PM

Thanks for the reply Tom!  I have researched all of the companies on gamedevmap and gameindustrymap recently and found that a number of companies in the area have made cartoonie games in the past.  What I have been unsure about is whether (based upon that fact) they make games of this sort on an ongoing basis.  It sounds to me like you think it is possible that they do.  Is that right?  Thanks again for your help!

#4 Tom Sloper   Moderators   -  Reputation: 8647

0Likes

Posted 19 September 2013 - 08:15 PM

What I have been unsure about is whether (based upon that fact) they make games of this sort on an ongoing basis. It sounds to me like you think it is possible that they do. Is that right?

I have no idea. You need to do more research.  "Research" does not mean "asking folks on a forum."

-- Tom Sloper
Sloperama Productions
Making games fun and getting them done.
www.sloperama.com

Please do not PM me. My email address is easy to find, but note that I do not give private advice.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS