• Create Account

Need help

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
3 replies to this topic

#1 bondi   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 26 October 2001 - 12:33 AM

I''ve written a simple screensaver (an object with 6 light sources) in MFC. If I run it on PC with GeforceXXX and Ati graphiccard, it works very well. But if I run it on PC with TNT, TNT2, G400 and G450, there is a problem with lighting. The object is not correctly lighted. I don''t know, where the problem is.

Sponsor:

#2 Mayrel   Members   -  Reputation: 348

Posted 26 October 2001 - 01:00 AM

Perhaps those cards don''t support as many as 6 light sources? You might want to be more precise about how the lighting is wrong...

Uuuuuulrika-ka-ka-ka-ka-ka

#3 bondi   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 26 October 2001 - 01:06 AM

There are no soft lighting and the animation is very slow, the light sources rotate around the object

#4 Shag   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 26 October 2001 - 02:01 AM

Lighting on older cards is done in software, NOT hardware (T&L)

Using many lights is a VERY slow operation even on modern cards, and I believe even the red book recomends using the minimum possible

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS