Hello, I'm Ivan Voinyi.
I'd like to show you Advanced Character Controller I've done based
on PhysX Kinematic Charcter controller (PhysX 3.2.4).
The key idea behind this library is to make character controller's
behavior more realistic, accurate and flexible.
Advanced Character controller is designed for 3-D games,
which use PhysX as physical library.
Axis aligned bounding box below named as "AABB"
Physx Kinematic Character controller below named as "PKCC".
Advanced Character controller below named as "ACC".
The main advantages are:
1) Inertia-controlled movement
2) Jumping presented (with some additional features)
3) Steep slopes movement limitation (prevent climbing on Dynamic bodies)
4) Steep slopes slithering down presented
5) Resizing while ducking, landing presented advanced
6) Interpolated update presented
7) Global/Local velocity system used
8) Footing shapes movement influence advanced (SIDES/UP shapes influence in development)
9) "Sticking to floor" feature is managed (while moving down the slope), realistic gravity (G-force) is used (not enlarged)
10) Small object with steep slopes climbing presented (disable movement limitations on *small* shapes or *small* patches of meshes/heightfileds)
Only possible ACC's shape is capsule, due to the PKCC AABB movement bug.
Recorded Demo (both links are the same video):
You can see and download the source code from
License included at source-flies
Built library on VS 2012 with Demo presented at:
Used PhysX 3.2.4 for ACC-library, OpenGL, Glut for PhysxDemo.
Built on VS2012 as 32-bit static library (64-bit under development)
Build guide presented in ReadMe.txt, in Sources.
For support, bug reporting, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Edited by ibah42, 06 October 2013 - 07:54 AM.