• Create Account

Interested in a FREE copy of HTML5 game maker Construct 2?

We'll be giving away three Personal Edition licences in next Tuesday's GDNet Direct email newsletter!

Sign up from the right-hand sidebar on our homepage and read Tuesday's newsletter for details!

We're also offering banner ads on our site from just $5! 1. Details HERE. 2. GDNet+ Subscriptions HERE. 3. Ad upload HERE.

release code

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
5 replies to this topic

#1 phil67rpg   Members   -  Reputation: 767

0Likes

Posted 16 September 2013 - 09:34 PM

I am using vs2010 express, I want to post my game. how do I compile the release version of my code?

Sponsor:

#2 fastcall22   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 4375

6Likes

Posted 16 September 2013 - 11:37 PM

Select the configuration from the drop down near the menu bar:
ReleaseDebugMode.jpg
(Random image pulled from google image search)

Then compile!

Edited by fastcall22, 16 September 2013 - 11:38 PM.

c3RhdGljIGNoYXIgeW91cl9tb21bMVVMTCA8PCA2NF07CnNwcmludGYoeW91cl9tb20sICJpcyBmYXQiKTs=

#3 Ludus   Members   -  Reputation: 970

5Likes

Posted 16 September 2013 - 11:56 PM

Also, don't forget to make sure that the release mode configuration properties of your project are set correctly (e.g., include all of the necessary libraries you also used for debug mode).

#4 Plutonium   Members   -  Reputation: 349

0Likes

Posted 17 September 2013 - 12:35 PM

Why I can't just go with debug result? I get .exe file and program works...

#5 unbird   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 5520

3Likes

Posted 17 September 2013 - 12:49 PM

It works on your system. A debug build (usually) binds to debug libraries which not only will be slower due to run-time checks but rarely be available on a user system (Edit: for late binding). Have a look at what DLLs your exe loads with e.g. Process Explorer. Debug DLLs usually end with a 'd'. (Sure you could provide an installer, but that's not something you wanna do normally).

Edited by unbird, 17 September 2013 - 12:53 PM.

#6 Ludus   Members   -  Reputation: 970

1Likes

Posted 17 September 2013 - 12:49 PM

Why I can't just go with debug result? I get .exe file and program works...

The debug build contains a lot of extra code used for debug purposes (such as bounds checking and other possible errors). The release build is highly optimized and does not contain this extra code, making it run significantly faster than a debug build.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS