Chat suggestions

Started by
8 comments, last by Alpha_ProgDes 10 years, 6 months ago

Hello,

so at the moment the people in the chat are having a whale of a time with the /me command. But soon I think the novelty will wear off, I think it would be just swell if we could get some more /commands, of the top of my head /poll [question] <answer><answer>.

Also, I think we all know the drought of conversation that it goes through from time to time, so i'm suggesting after, say 30mins of more than 2 people not talking, a tumble weed strolls through the chat :) or crickets chirping (or just the text version of that)

What do you say?

:3

Mobile Developer at PawPrint Games ltd.

(Not "mobile" as in I move around a lot, but as in phones, mobile phone developer)

(Although I am mobile. no, not as in a babies mobile, I move from place to place)

(Not "place" as in fish, but location.)

Advertisement

Another suggestion, for whatever reason, I'm a Prime Member. And for whatever reason as a Prime Member I cannot start a Private chat with anyone. Although as a Crossbones+ user, I could. So I'm going to assume that this feature is actually a bug.

Beginner in Game Development?  Read here. And read here.

Not a response to the OP:s request, but here it goes anyway:

• When I double click a persons name in the people list I get a small menu.
  • When I right click a persons name I get the standard browser right click menu.

I think it would be better if there was a

• view profile option in the left button menu
  • right click and open in new tab would open the persons profile.
Also, I think Crossbones+ members can kick or ban anyone from chat, even moderators. This should be fixed or taken away.

Also, I think Crossbones+ members can kick or ban anyone from chat, even moderators. This should be fixed or taken away.

If a Crossbones member is abusing his or her chatroom powers you should report it to a moderator.

“If I understand the standard right it is legal and safe to do this but the resulting value could be anything.”

If a Crossbones member is abusing his or her chatroom powers you should report it to a moderator.
I haven't witnessed such a thing, I think it's more a case of people occassionally kicking someone as a joke, that's all I have actually seen. But I'm still telling about it on the chance the staff doesn't realize or hasn't listed it as something to fix. Because personally I think giving the power to every Crossbones+ member might be a little much.

I haven't witnessed such a thing, I think it's more a case of people occassionally kicking someone as a joke, that's all I have actually seen. But I'm still telling about it on the chance the staff doesn't realize or hasn't listed it as something to fix. Because personally I think giving the power to every Crossbones+ member might be a little much.

I agree banning should really be a moderator-only tool. But kicking? I think it's fine to have Crossbones members be able to kick and report spammers and abusive members for when a moderator isn't around. After all, if they have the Crossbones tag it probably means they've been around the site for a while and aren't up to mischief. (unless there's been changes on how the tag is obtained, and it's possible things have changed since apparently half the membership somehow seems to be Crossbones now).

At least that's my point of view. But if the staff feels the power is best kept safe in the hands of the moderators group, I don't think anyone will complain, really. It's not like the chat is hit with waves of spam, so there should be no problem. And it used to be worse...

“If I understand the standard right it is legal and safe to do this but the resulting value could be anything.”

I think it's fine to have Crossbones members be able to kick and report spammers and abusive members for when a moderator isn't around. After all, if they have the Crossbones tag it probably means they've been around the site for a while and aren't up to mischief.

I agree. Case in point was a situation of a member whom joined chat the other day who then pushed for other members to partake in an "illegally" cracked program. In that case no moderator was on but a number of crossbones members were. The member in question was given ample opportunity to step back from pushing their agenda and after 1/2 hour was kicked from the chat (note: not actually banned). I haven't seen any flagrant abuse nor have heard of any abuse of the system as it currently stands which I think reflects more on the basic maturity of current crossbones members being more than sufficient to ensure abuse of the powers available is not occurring. Individual cases of abuse that might pop up in the future can be dealt with by moderators on an as needs basis but as it stands now - there is little argument to support such powers being removed other than arguing it is too much power, which I personally think is a poor argument in of itself to make.

I wan't to reserve my right to permaban whoever I dislike :P

"I AM ZE EMPRAH OPENGL 3.3 THE CORE, I DEMAND FROM THEE ZE SHADERZ AND MATRIXEZ"

My journals: dustArtemis ECS framework and Making a Terrain Generator

At the very least, Crossbones members should not be able to ban actual moderators. And if we do ban (which I doubt we ever will), certainly a log of that will show who banned who and when.

Beginner in Game Development?  Read here. And read here.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement