• Create Account

FREE SOFTWARE GIVEAWAY

We have 4 x Pro Licences (valued at $59 each) for 2d modular animation software Spriter to give away in this Thursday's GDNet Direct email newsletter.

Read more in this forum topic or make sure you're signed up (from the right-hand sidebar on the homepage) and read Thursday's newsletter to get in the running!

Creating a Image Loader

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
2 replies to this topic

#1 KoldGames   Members   -  Reputation: 222

0Likes

Posted 23 September 2013 - 12:18 PM

Hello! I'm writing a game engine using C++ and was wondering how I would create a custom image loader that supports PNG, DDS, & JPG. I saw that D3DX11CreateShaderResourceViewFromFile has been removed. How would I do this? Thanks! :)

Sponsor:

#2 Vortez   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 2704

0Likes

Posted 23 September 2013 - 01:07 PM

I use FreeImage in OpenGL, should work in dx too. I find it rather easy to use. I also heard of DevIL but i never used it.

Edited by Vortez, 23 September 2013 - 01:08 PM.

#3 eppo   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 2624

0Likes

Posted 23 September 2013 - 01:32 PM

Don't go crazy writing your own image loader. The spiritual successor to the D3DX loaders is the WICTextureLoader in the DirectX Tool Kit.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS