Okay, first off, I've been trying to make games for the past 5 years, if not longer, and it's plain to see, I'm doing something wrong! (that and not enough motivation)
Heres the rough steps I take when making a game, with reasons why I'm doing it; If someone has any suggestions, PLEASE do so.
1) Get a general Idea; Write a little bit about it (If I write too much about it, I abandon the game cause of the complexities)
2) Do some art which hopefully will make it thru to beta stage (Since I've Never had a good artist willing to help, I'm stuck making my own, so I make some "official" art so I know that I can make the rest easily enough)
3) Spend a few days looking at engines to pick the one I want (usually it's Irrlicht or Panda3D)
4) Start Programming
<--Then I stop due to lack of interest or I never make it this far because of art, theres a few times I get past this-->
5) Make some more assets and add them into the game
6) Program some more features
Repeat 5-6 until I get what I'm aiming for; I never get to 6 because the "more assets" are usually art that I find a hard time doing and no one else wants to do so it doesn't end up so well -.-'
Any hints of what I may be doing wrong? other than loosing interest or giving up too fast >.<