• Create Account

Using Crytek's Lua code outside of Cryengine

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
2 replies to this topic

#1 ill   Members   -  Reputation: 320

0Likes

Posted 24 September 2013 - 03:52 PM

I couldn't find any info on this, but Crytek's lua code has some pretty useful little functions that would be a pain to rewrite if using lua in other commercial projects.  It's kindof a grey area with a few things to consider.

Sponsor:

#2 Tom Sloper   Moderators   -  Reputation: 8468

2Likes

Posted 24 September 2013 - 04:24 PM

Crytek's EULA surely contains some guidelines on this.  Where did you look for "info on this" if not Crytek's EULA?  Just because you say it's a gray area doesn't mean it's really all that gray.

-- Tom Sloper
Sloperama Productions
Making games fun and getting them done.
www.sloperama.com

Please do not PM me. My email address is easy to find, but note that I do not give private advice.

#3 Hodgman   Moderators   -  Reputation: 26967

5Likes

Posted 24 September 2013 - 08:55 PM

Everything (every creative work) is covered by copyright by default. Unless you've been given permission to do this, then it's copyright infringement.

That's black and white. They only grey area is "will I get caught for this" tongue.png

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS