• Create Account

Need a link advice.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
5 replies to this topic

#1 Siniorica   Members   -  Reputation: 193

0Likes

Posted 29 September 2013 - 06:44 PM

Hey guys,

I am currently writing a plot for a game in the style of Trine, but I am a little stuck. I have the beginning of the game, and I have the ending, but I dont know how to link the two stages together and advance the story in a compelling way. If you guys could help me think of ideas or offer suggestions as to how I can improve the plot at the middle, it would be greatfully appreiciated.

Thanks,

Michael

Sponsor:

#2 Tom Sloper   Moderators   -  Reputation: 9108

1Likes

Posted 29 September 2013 - 09:17 PM

I have the beginning of the game, and I have the ending, but I dont know how to link the two stages together and advance ... the plot at the middle

You might want to read some good books on story writing. I recommend Joseph Campbell's "The Hero With The Thousand Faces."

-- Tom Sloper
Sloperama Productions
Making games fun and getting them done.
www.sloperama.com

Please do not PM me. My email address is easy to find, but note that I do not give private advice.

#3 dragons   Members   -  Reputation: 189

0Likes

Posted 29 September 2013 - 09:54 PM

Books is what your need. If you plan to write stories, you must learn to read, first.

#4 Siniorica   Members   -  Reputation: 193

0Likes

Posted 30 September 2013 - 12:43 AM

Actually I dont know what content to add, not how to write it. Content is in everything. I am reading Sea of Sorrows(Guild Wars 3rd Novel) right now and when im finished with it, I'll check the other book.

#5 Tom Sloper   Moderators   -  Reputation: 9108

0Likes

Posted 30 September 2013 - 07:40 AM

Actually I dont know what content to add, not how to write it.

Yes. That's what the Campbell book addresses.  We cannot tell you what content to add, since you asked an open question without specifics. Another good book is The Writer's Journey: Mythic Structure For Writers  by Christopher Vogle, and you could also read Character Development and Storytelling for Games by Lee Sheldon

-- Tom Sloper
Sloperama Productions
Making games fun and getting them done.
www.sloperama.com

Please do not PM me. My email address is easy to find, but note that I do not give private advice.

#6 Siniorica   Members   -  Reputation: 193

0Likes

Posted 30 September 2013 - 09:16 AM

Well In the "Read before post" is mentioned not to paste  entire pages cause noone will care to read them. I have done like 3 pages of the plot, and I am writing each of the created up to now levels.  Thanks Mr. Sloper for the recommendations.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS