PUTT Updates and Finals Thread

Started by
94 comments, last by ml_ 10 years, 5 months ago

THE CONTEST IS OVER!

Finals scores are here!

The rules and sign up thread is here.

A thread for programming (or sound and art) issues can be found here.

Hello all! The PUTT contest has officially started!

This is will be for posting screenshots and updates of any kind about the participants' games. At the end of the contest please be sure to post your game here in this thread. Your game must be posted here by 12:00AM UTC November 1, 2013. And not a minute more. The latest version of the game that is posted here will be judged. Therefore, feel free to post as often as needed until the deadline. For anyone still wanting to join the contest, they are free to do so. If you have not posted in the other thread, feel free to post here with your update (of any kind) of your game and who will be on your team (if you have a team).

Can't wait to see the entries! Code hard and have fun! smile.png

Beginner in Game Development?  Read here. And read here.

Advertisement

I will join this contest, sounds fun smile.png .

My game will be based on time dilation and black holes/wormholes.

That allows for the animated background to be black holes, the ball will be a star, and the paddles will be giant alien ships.

Here is the preliminary design:

Your "ball" is going to be a star that is going to explode at a certain time. The alien paddles are going to be trying to knock the star over into their opponents quadrants to get the star to explode there. Moving the star back out of the quadrant will expend energy from the ship. The energy controls the reset ability and the shields. When the star explodes then the ship with the weakest shields will be destroyed, or if the ship runs completely out of power then the star will explode in that players quadrant.

The time powerups can accelerate the rates of the ships or cause the decay of the star to speed up/slow down. Other powerups could include energy for the ships.

Difficulties levels can be implemented by using different sizes/speeds of ships for the opponent, changing the speed of the player ship, altering the starting shield strength for the player, and decreasing the amount of time the star has before it explodes.

I will post updates eventually smile.png .

Do we need to provide source code or/and GDD?

Start screen, just to show the retro/8-bit style I'm going to be using.

I have been very busy lately, but I did manage the start to my title screen:

[attachment=18241:destroyerofgalaxies.jpg]

This seems like fun. I'll join in! Will be my first contest ever, along with my first finished game ever. Perfect motivation.

Behold, the start screen of TimePong!

MctcWMh.png

Omg, zombie! Zomgbie.

Do the power ups have to be asymetrical? It's not really a power up, but I'd like to do it so if there's a volley of X or more, it speeds everything up.

Twitter

Learning to code in general, Junior at FAU

Damn, making art when one isn't artist sure is hard... I'm in process of creating HUD for past few days and it's slow...

Count me in. We'll see what I can come up with.

Damn, making art when one isn't artist sure is hard... I'm in process of creating HUD for past few days and it's slow...

Definitely my issue too. My suggestion: Combine free clip-art with some basic photoshop effects.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement