I have used GLU tesselator after going through techniques discussed in detail at http://vterrain.org/Implementation/Libs/triangulate.html .Val's code: glu_tesselation.c in this link is really useful for me for OpenGL older versions.I have followed below procedure for pre-computing fans/strips for efficient processing.
- Sent complex concave polygons to GLU
- GLU returned me GL_STRIPS and GL_FANS with indices to input polygon vertices.So for a given polygon,I would get multiple fans/strips defining shape of the polygon.
- The indices of vertices are stored in a file to parse and use during runtime.
Appreciate if you could answer below.
- Could we accomplish the same with OpenGL Tessellator ,in latest Opengl versions?
- OpenGL tesselator retruns Triangles only . Is there a way to get fans/strips after tessellation and store them in a file for offline parsing ?
Please share your thoughts on this.The whole issue I face is ,my processing requires certification,which is easy to get with core OpenGL.It gets hard to get process certification with extension like GLU etc.