• Create Account

- - - - -

Assignment with Initialization Buffer

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
5 replies to this topic

#1 Jason Goepel   Members   -  Reputation: 366

0Likes

Posted 11 October 2013 - 08:21 AM

I'm pleased to see the List Factory take a pointer to a buffer created for its initialization.  What do you think about also allowing the initialization-style assignment?

For instance:

array<int> a = {1, 2, 3, 4};

// Some time later...
a = {5, 6, 7, 8};

It seems like the compiler could set up the same buffer and pass it to a special assignment operator designed to handle the buffer.

Sponsor:

#2 Andreas Jonsson   Moderators   -  Reputation: 3199

0Likes

Posted 11 October 2013 - 09:48 AM

It's planned for the future. One step at a time.

AngelCode.com - game development and more - Reference DB - game developer references
AngelScript - free scripting library - BMFont - free bitmap font generator - Tower - free puzzle game

#3 Jason Goepel   Members   -  Reputation: 366

0Likes

Posted 11 October 2013 - 11:15 AM

I understand.  I only ask because I didn't see that listed in any of your Work In Progress pages.

#4 Andreas Jonsson   Moderators   -  Reputation: 3199

0Likes

Posted 11 October 2013 - 12:42 PM

No problem.

The to-do list on the work in progress is unfortunately not up to date. There are a lot of things there that have already been implemented, and also a lot of new things that I have on my to-do list but isn't listed there.

AngelCode.com - game development and more - Reference DB - game developer references
AngelScript - free scripting library - BMFont - free bitmap font generator - Tower - free puzzle game

#5 BlackMoons   Members   -  Reputation: 408

0Likes

Posted 20 October 2013 - 12:05 PM

Todo: Update todo list

Todo: Make todo list shorter

Lead Coder/Game Designer for Brutal Nature: http://BrutalNature.com

#6 Andreas Jonsson   Moderators   -  Reputation: 3199

0Likes

Posted 20 October 2013 - 02:41 PM

Todo: Figure out how to do more with less time smile.png

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS