• Create Account

DX11 - Volumetrical Light Scattering - What do you think?

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
4 replies to this topic

#1 Migi0027   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 1616

1Likes

Posted 12 October 2013 - 01:39 PM

Hi guys! happy.png

So a while ago people started posting, "what do you think?" threads, so I thought, why not? :)

I would appreciate from you guys if you could comment on my recently implemented (Actually re-implemented, the old one had loads of bugs), Volumetrical Light Scattering, what could be improved (Btw, the values of the effect are on the screenshots)

Screenshots:

ka5i5z.png

2j4t3rc.png

dcwknr.png

Well, thanks! smile.png

-MIGI0027

Hi! Cuboid Zone
The Rule: Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet, ohh, AND STEAL ALL ZE TRIANGLES FROM ZHEM!

Sponsor:

#2 cozzie   Members   -  Reputation: 1582

0Likes

Posted 17 October 2013 - 04:28 PM

looks pretty good!!

#3 Migi0027   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 1616

0Likes

Posted 17 October 2013 - 04:32 PM

Thanks, really appreciate it. smile.png

Hi! Cuboid Zone
The Rule: Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet, ohh, AND STEAL ALL ZE TRIANGLES FROM ZHEM!

#4 Styves   Members   -  Reputation: 997

0Likes

Posted 18 October 2013 - 06:04 AM

If this is the screen-space approach, I'd say do a multi-pass solution. Use 8 taps per pass and ping-pong it 3 times. You'll only use 24 taps total (+drawcall time) instead of 64 taps, and you'll get effectively 256 taps.

#5 Migi0027   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 1616

0Likes

Posted 18 October 2013 - 06:50 AM

If this is the screen-space approach, I'd say do a multi-pass solution. Use 8 taps per pass and ping-pong it 3 times. You'll only use 24 taps total (+drawcall time) instead of 64 taps, and you'll get effectively 256 taps.

Yeah, this is the screen space approach.

Thanks, I'll give it a go at some point (Have some other stuff to fix first). smile.png

Hi! Cuboid Zone

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS