Note: After a break I'm resuming work on my nostalgic RPG, I estimate/hope I can release something playable before the end of this year, here is an old topic http://www.gamedev.net/topic/635266-oldschool-retro-rpg-feedback-and-ideas-needed/ . In this topic I don't have a specific questions, just would like to get your overall feedback on anything you think I should know, your feelings on the game, random ideas, what you think, etc. I will create topics for specific issues a bit later.
I have been making an oldschool retro RPG (western, not jRPG) and now I have an alpha available. I would not mind your feedback
What the game is about:
- retro, oldschool, classic RPG, for those who liked the PC/Amiga games from the late DOS era (90s)
- it is NOT a remake, it's a fully original game, just stylized like the old games
- first person perspective, 90 degree rotation
- simple and pure fun, you go around slaying monsters and having various quests and adventures
- non liner, not storyline driven (the main storyline is very simple), the game allows you very high freedom in terms of where to go (few locked locations, most are "if you can survive the monsters there, you can go there immediatelly")
- the world is relatively small but rich (no huge empty areas); random, completely unrelated to the main storyline, NPCs inhabit wilderness
http://silverlemur.com/work/URRPG/UnnamedRetroRPG-Test.zip (Windows only for now, Mac later)
(early alpha, unplayable, many things do not work yet, but you can get the feel of it from this)
Edited by Acharis, 14 October 2013 - 05:31 AM.